Chapter 39: Right my wrongs

It's been really hard balancing writing and school but I just wanna thank you all for being patient with me.

————————————————————————

I turn the heating in the car up slightly feeling the chills from the cold air finally hit me.
Damien had gone into a fast food restaurant to get some food as neither of us desired to return back home to that awkward dinner with Malachai and Lucia not to mention Marcello and Cebrian fighting over the cat.
I sat alone in the parking lot, music at the lowest volume as the night only grew darker.

My phone buzzed from the backseat where I had dropped it whilst...whilst doing normal moral things.
I grab it quickly and notice an unknown number plastered on the screen with an area code I am still yet to recognise.
Suspiciously, I pick it up yet don't speak first, a trait that I've come to find extremely useful.
"I hear you've been looking for me." The voice speaks.
It was low, deep, young.
I guess I could play stupid to myself and pretend that I didn't have a clue who was calling yet I knew straight away. It's not hard to put pieces together, especially when they're scattered so closely in your mind.
Slavi Falzone. At least now I had a voice to match his face.

"I heard you were smarter? Didn't think you'd be stupid enough to call me." I scoff my cheeks flushing in anger as I felt my entire body warm up.
"I like to know the type I'm dealing with. What can I do for you Miss Sylveste?" He asks me most arrogantly.
I don't think I had processed it yet, that I was talking to my fathers killer. The exact reason why I was here, my sole purpose had been to murder Slavi Falzone as vengeance for my fathers death, you'd think I'd be a little more emotional to the situation.
I felt my body push down onto the car seat as if I was subconsciously trying to go deeper into the ground so I wouldn't have to be reminded of the past and every emotion that came with it.

"You could make this easier for yourself and meet me, you'd be meeting your end in the same moment." I warn him with the entire truth. I wasn't going to pretend with him, he's smart enough to know my motive. Of course my plan was to kill him and he'd be an utter fool to think otherwise.
"Why would I meet you Tallia? It didn't work out well for Alfonzo." He scoffs.
"Don't mention my fathers name or I'll let it be so you can never repeat another." I threaten him.
"Must I say I'm rather pleased it's a women seeking revenge, you don't see it that often." He enlightens me sounding as if he'd taken a sip of something.
"Yeah you probably don't get women chasing after you huh?" I sarcastically reply.

"You and Damien Cortez? That's an odd match." He speaks as if he knows me, the audacity he has to even address me let alone indulge himself into my personal life.
"I'll give you some advice, don't believe his lies. There's a lot of them." He takes another sip, I assume.
"I have no desire to converse with my fathers killer. I gave you a chance not to be hunted like the pathetic bitch that you are and you didn't take it. So take this advice, don't close your eyes when there's a bullet in your head. All your wrongs will haunt you." I warn him.

There's a mutual silence on the phone, I can't figure out what affect my words had on him but I knew they had to be somewhat good to leave him speechless. It gave me the power and he was the one being engulfed by fear because alas he knew of my seriousness and that when I promised my father something, good couldn't win me over.
"Dad-." Was the last thing I heard on the phone before it cut off. A little girls voice, calling him.
He has a daughter.

...

It shouldn't make a difference that he had a daughter. People have children, it doesn't mean they're good people.
Neither are you for taking a child's father away from her.
But he took mine? I was a daughter too.
"I got extra sauce because you're a fat fu-." Damien cuts himself off seeing the rush of emotions on my face.