Chapter 11: Omertà

What do you think of Damien so far?
Critics are perfectly fine!

————————————————————————

Hell fucking no.
"I'm not joining your little drug cartel." I spit back.

"It's a Mafia cara and trust me I'm not fond of having you either but you either take an Omertà or I kill you?" He demands.

"I'm a fucking lawyer and you want me to be in the Italian Mafia. Help me do the math Linguini!" I spit back.

"I don't like maths." He mutters sarcastically.
Me fucking neither bitch.

"Amore, we have more in common than you realise. You don't even know the truth of your own life." He challenges me.

I aggressively pull myself off the bed and walk towards him. I'm tired of the way he tries to belittle me by believing that he knows my life better than myself.
"What do we have in common? Tell me Damien."

He chuckles as we are inches apart, he towers over me but his dominance makes me feel even smaller. "You don't even know who the fuck you are."

I was sure there was a double meaning behind that. "And you do? You think just because you're a criminal you suddenly have the answers to my life." I scoff.
"Tell me Damien. Who the fuck am I?"

"Tallia Elara Sylveste." My name rolls off his tongue.
"Of the third family."

It went straight past my head, there were 5 main families to the Italian Mafia though the names of those families were hidden for obvious reasons. Sylveste couldn't be part of it.
"What the fuck are you talking about?"

"You heard me." His demeanour filled our close proximity.

"No bitch. I think I've gone deaf." I deny.
He's lying. He'll do whatever to confuse me.

He smirks, "you've been trying to figure me out this whole time. You don't even know yourself love."

"You've been unofficially part of this Mafia since the day you were born. Ask your father." He enlightens me.

"How do you know my father?" I ask obliviously.

"I work with him. We work together. In the Mafia." He rolls his eyes growing tired of my questions.

My fathers not one of the monsters.
He can't be, I won't know him like that.
But it makes too much sense.
I've experienced far too much in life to disregard this, it could answer all my questions yet I'm terrified of the answers.

That's why my last name was forbidden.
That's why my father disappeared for long periods of time.
That's why I was kidnapped.
That's why, I was a murderer.

By looking at my face, he knew my questions and he had the answers to all of them.
"The man you killed...in self defence when you were younger, he was Russian; one of our oppositions."

I was only 16 when they took me.
If it wasn't for the character that my mother had instilled in me then I wouldn't have had the courage to defend myself or make it out alive.
Malachi always told me that it wasn't my fault, it was either kill or be killed.
So I killed.
Because I refused to be killed.

"How do you know all of this?" I question afraid. No one knew this story apart from my father and my brother and even after I escaped I still wasn't given a proper reason as to why I was taken in the first place.

"I was 19 when it happened, I had just been elected the boss- my first task was to kill Russians that had 'taken a young girl'." He was growing tired of my questions but I had a million more.