Chapter 35: Love the way you lie

TW: Mafia man showing emotions

————————————————————————

Weather is usually the first thing you pay attention to when you leave the house. It sets the mood; when it's sunny, you're happy (unless you have clinical depression) and when it's raining, most people are miserable. Though I always enjoyed the rain, it didn't make me happy though I was never sad to see it.
Rain makes people feel alive, it's a reminder that the world keeps spinning with or without you and that you have no control over it.
People like me like to be in control though how much of it do we really have?

Well it was raining. I took a cab to the far side of town remembering the tattoo parlour Malachai had told me about all those years ago. I was thankful for the jacket I had brung despite hiding it from Damien for my own pleasure.
I missed this place. The picture of Italy slowly began to fade in my memories though now I could remember it all over again. This, was home. Not Montreal, not New York. This was my home, it's everything I want to be and where I want to be it.
My only reminder that I was alive and had a purpose.

The cab driver kicked me out as soon as we reached the street though perhaps his eagerness to get rid of me was because I was ranting to him about this guy I knew and how he has emotional attachment issues to a cat. Not to mention how I got that cat kidnapped though somehow he got it back. Stupid dwarf tiger.

The rain had settled slightly, it was only spitting a few drops though that didn't stop me from dashing inside the building to gain any sense of dryness. Once entering, I took in the artwork on the wall, they were all unique and well good. The art had its own style, it was authentic and definitely reminded me of the ink on my brothers skin. I could already tell why he chose this place to mark himself with.
"Hi, I need a tattoo." I inform the man at the desk who's more concerned with his blunt than me.
"Any particular artist you want to request?" He asks paying me as little mind.
"Lucia." I reply, elbows gaining comfort on the desk.

He stares at me, more so my body and outfit, I gain slight discomfort under his gaze but suck in the feeling and deal with it because what else could I do? You could knock him out Tallia.
But I want my tattoo.
"Lucia is busy right now. How about me?" He suggests smirking and flicking his lip ring into his mouth. Ew.
"I don't know, your eyes are a little...disproportional, I don't want a wonky tattoo." I smile sarcastically back.
"It's always the girls like you." He shakes his head.
"Then find a man?" I roll my eyes at him walking away from the desk and down some stairs which I'm hoping will lead me to Lucia and not some death dungeon.

It does, her name on the door in cursive gold lettering summed that up. I knocked, she didn't answer. Oh well, no time for politeness.
Opening the door I found her, headphones on and papers scattered over the floor, all failed attempts at trying to get the perfect design.
Walking towards her and tapping her shoulder, she gives me a sarcastic gaze before turning her music off.
"Yes?" She raises her eyebrow at me.
"I need a tattoo." I explain. Well no shit Tallia.
Why are you still talking bitch?

"I'm busy, find someone upstairs." She explains reverting back to her drawing.
"I would but if that weirdo at the desk touches me, I might have to drown him in the tattoo ink." I smile truthfully.
"Fair enough." She sighs getting up off the floor.
She was pretty, the exact way Malachai described her, it made me chuckle off the corner of my mouth

"What design do you want?" She asks setting up her equipment.
Oh? I hadn't thought of that.
Seating myself down, i remember the box my mom had showed me, the one containing my heritage more so I remember the dagger on the box, I had taken a picture of it.
Pulling out my phone, I show her it and she nods, lips pursed together. "It looks familiar." She adds.
My brother has the same one.
"You can do it on my wrist." I enlighten her and she agrees cleaning my skin with antiseptic.