Epilogue

The bright light of the sun pierced throw the windows and onto a pair of eyelids, stirring the one asleep awake

Hana groaned at the brightness, squinting her eyes to adjust to the brightness.

She heard stumbling in the room.

"Hana?!"

Her eyes slowly opened bigger, finally adjusting to the light. "Jeno?"

Jeno engulfed her into a tight hug, a hand stroking the back of her head.

"Ow."

Alarmed, Jeno immediately stepped backed, remembering the bandages around her stomach.

"I'm sorry. I got excited and forgot that you were hurt."

She looked down at her bandages and back at him. "That's alright... what happened?"

Jeno sighed before pulling a chair beside the bed and sat down, grabbing her hand into his.

He softly stroked her hand with his thumb. "Well, you were asleep for a week because of your injury. And Haneul...

Hana cocked her head to the side. "What is she up to now?"

Jeno scoffed at her question, as if she had forgotten who had stabbed her. "I put her in prison."

"Prison!?"

"Hana, she almost killed you!" He clenched his jaw. "You know what would happen if I didn't do that. She is mentally ill. That night she looked like she regretted stabbing you but you know she'd try to kill you again."

Hana bit her lip and turned her gaze away from Jeno, knowing he was right.

"Do you know how scared I was? I thought I lost you."

She looked back at Jeno whose eyes were already on her.

"I love you."

Hana's cheeks immediately heated up and her heart raced, making her cough. "Don't say absurd things."

"I mean it," his grip on her hand tightened.

"I want to spend eternity with you, Hana. I love you."

She smiled. Perhaps this was her fairytale. Maybe she was Cinderella and had to live in pain before getting a happy ending. And maybe her tale would be told generations later and people will still remember her and Jeno.

She pulled Jeno close to her before planting a soft kiss on his lips.

"I love you too."