13

Dear Hana,

Dear Hana,

Please come to the library at noon.

Jeno          

Hana felt giddy as she read Jeno's note asking her to see him. It was almost noon, so she figured she'd head to the library a few minutes early. As she walked, she couldn't help but feel confused.

I thought Jeno had a schedule at noon?

Hana shook the thought and confusion away, increasing her walking pace as she was eager to see him.

She entered the library, the door shutting behind her as the light shown in through the windows.

"Hello? Jeno?" She called.

Hana took slow steps as she looked through each row, searching for Jeno.

Suddenly, she heard footsteps and quickly hid behind a bookshelf. Hana peered and covered a gasp when she saw Haneul chasing after Jeno.

Haneul reached for his hand and Jeno immediately yanked it out of her hold and turned around.

"Why did you bring me here, Haneul?"

Haneul looked down at her hands. "We haven't seen each other in so long... I miss you."

"We saw each other yesterday."

"You know what I mean!"

Jeno sighed in frustration, running a hand through his hair. "Look, Haneul. I have somewhere to be right now, okay? You're wasting my time."

Haneul looked to the side of Jeno, spotting Hana peaking at them from behind the shelf. She subtly smirked to herself and gazed back at Jeno.

Jeno took one last glance at Haneul before turning around but she grabbed his arm, making him turn back and collide with her. Haneul kissed him and Hana immediately looked away in shock.

Haneul took a step back and looked up at Jeno. "Don't you miss that? Don't you miss us?"

He clenched his jaw. "I... don't know."

Unknown to the two of them, Hana slid down to the floor, tears developing in her eyes as both her hands covered her mouth from uttering a single sound.

It's happening all over again. She thought.

As soon as things were going well it all came crashing down again. She asked God why he couldn't give her a happy ending. Maybe it would've been easier if she was never the first born.

"I have to go," Jeno said.

"You'll see me again, won't you?"

Anger was written all over Jeno's face as his eyes pierced at Haneul. He turned and walked away, leaving without a reply.

Hana covered her face in her arms, quietly sobbing. The sounds of footsteps fading away as both Haneul and Jeno left the room.

She heaved a sigh, standing up. She held no emotion in her face as she wiped away her tears and walked away as if nothing had ever happened.