12

Jeno had been gone for the past week on a trip

Jeno had been gone for the past week on a trip. To do what? Hana doesn't know. Whenever she would ask around the palace the people would say the same thing over and over again: that they do not know or that he's on a "trip".

With the King being gone, Hana didn't know if it was a good or bad thing. A part of her subconsciously missed his presence while the other wanted to avoid him at all costs. Ever since Jeno's sudden confession Hana has been in a daze, not knowing how to react to it all.

Hana was leisurely walking through the halls when she heard shouting and horses outside.

"Open the gates!"

She saw a knight rush by and she immediately called for him. "What's going on?"

"The King is back."

Processing the news Hana stood still for a moment before slowly turning her head towards the entrance doors. Suddenly, she grabbed the fabric of her dress, lifting it up as she hurriedly ran towards the doors.

"Your Highness, wait up!" The knights behind her shouted, quickly following after her.

Hana rushed down the stairs, her heels clicking against the stone. She spotted Jeno getting off of his horse and ran to him, stopping in front of his figure.

Jeno looked down at her, surprised at her sudden appearance. "Woah, easy sweetheart. Did you miss me that much?" He chuckled.

Her chest heaved up and down, breathing hard from all the running. "Why did you leave? Why didn't you tell me you were leaving? Why-"

She heard a horse neigh from behind him and she craned her head to look. She let out a gasp, rushing past Jeno and to the horse that now stood in front of her- Adam.

"How did you- how?"

Jeno smiled. "He's the reason I was gone. I didn't think it'd take a week and a half to find him."

Hana turned around and faced Jeno, immediately ingulfing him into a hug. The King blinked in surprise, eyes wide until he returned the hug and wrapped his arms around her smaller frame.

The two broke apart from each other, smiling. Hana admired Jeno's smile, his eyes turning into crescent moons making her heart race and smile even more.

"You should smile more," Jeno said.

"Huh?"

"It looks good on you."

Hana blushed and looked away, fake coughing. "You can't just say things like that out of the blue."

"Why not?"

She gripped onto her dress. "Because! It's..."

He glanced at her red cheeks and chuckled. "You're cute."

...

Hana hummed to herself as she walked through the castle halls in a happy mood. Her mind flashed back to earlier this morning and she blushed, thinking about the things Jeno had said to her.

Her thoughts were interrupted when she was grabbed by the arm and pulled into a small room.

"Hey! What the-" Hana looked at the person who grabbed her. "Haneul?"

"Are you having fun stealing another woman's man?"

"What?"

"Quit the act Hana. Just because you're the Queen doesn't mean that you can get everything you want- including Jeno."

Hana laughed in disbelief. "You think I stole Jeno away from you?"

"I know you did!"

"Haneul," she looked at her sister sternly. "You of all people should know that I would never do something like that."

"Then why would he stop seeing me?" She cried.

Hana sighed, pursing her lips and debating to say the next words that came to her mind. "Maybe his feelings changed."

Haneul's eyes glared at Hana, anger arising within her. "His feelings would never change, he told me he loved me. You- you stole him from me!"

"Haneul. We are sisters," Hana reached for her arm. "Even if we grew apart these past years I would never do that to you."

Haneul scoffed and yanked her arm out of the older's grip. "I don't care. You're going to regret ever doing this to me."

She stormed out, leaving Hana alone in the cold stone room all by herself.