19

Hana placed her crown on the top of her head, gazing at her image in the mirror

Hana placed her crown on the top of her head, gazing at her image in the mirror. A beautiful, navy blue ball gown stitched with gold accents adorned her. She smiled to herself, thinking about how how much has happened within a year.

Her head turned to the sound of knocking and she opened the door. Standing with a large bouquet of flowers stood a smiling Jeno and he took in her appearance.

"You look gorgeous."

She blushed. "Stop it."

He chuckled and gave her the bouquet. "Still not used to my sweet words?"

"Nope." She placed the flowers on her bed.

Jeno pulled her by the waist and placed a kiss on her cheek. "Happy birthday, Hana."

Butterflies flew around in her stomach at contact and she unconsciously smiled. The two softly swayed in each other's arms as Jeno hummed a soft lullaby.

"Hey," he looked at her.

"Hm?"

"Come. I want to do something."

"What is it?" She asked, following him as he led her with hands intertwined.

In the span of a few weeks the castle had found out that the two were in love, so they had no fear in showing it. Everyone was happy to see the two finally getting along. They could see how organic their love was and how it came to be.

Everyone except Hanuel, of course.

Jeno led them into the ball room. To Hana's surprise, there was already a small quartet warming up their instruments.

She furrowed her brows and turned to Jeno. "What is this?"

With no reply Jeno placed her hand on his shoulder and held her other hand. He slipped his hand around her waist.

Hana heard the strings of the quartet begin to play and Jeno took a step, Hana immediately following his lead.

"Do you remember our wedding night?" Jeno asked.

She looked at him in confusion. "Of course I do."

"Then you'd remember when I danced with Hanuel instead of you."

Hana was silent, a prick of sadness stabbing her heart as she searched in Jeno's eyes what he was trying to point at.

He chuckled. "I'll never forget the look you gave us that night. We were having the time of our lives and yet you were the one who looked like who had won. You were terrifying."

He twirled her around before bringing her back in his arms again. "I want to make it up to you. I never gave you a dance on your special day and that's why I set this up today."

The two danced and twirled in sync, Hana's ballgown elegantly flowing with each step as Jeno held her with love. It was like they were in a trance- it felt like they were the only two people in the world as the sounds of music and their footsteps echoed across the almost empty ball room.