i'm going to murder some assholes

Bakugo
I was blowing every single thing I saw up. Rocks, sides of buildings, lamp posts, everything.

Ground Beta was going to be a hot mess when I'm done with it.

"Bakubro! You can't just destroy everything!" Kirishima yelled at me, trying to make me stop.

"Like hell I can't. Get out of here, Shitty Hair."

He came up to me and put his hand on my shoulder.

"It's not what AJ would want-"

I slammed him against a wall, and growled.

"Don't tell me what the fuck you think she'd want. Don't fucking talk about her."

Kirishima looked at me, with pain in his eyes. He was holding back tears. I actually felt bad for this, but I was so angry I had no clue what to do.

"I loved her too. Bakugo."

I let him go and turned away from him, feeling a tear slip down my cheek.

"Get out of here. I need some time to think."

"Bakugo-"

"I said go."

He walked away, and I punched the wall beside me. If AJ were here she'd tell me I was acting like a "Kyle". Whatever that means.

I just hated how Kirishima said he loved her like it was some big revelation. As if I had no clue whatsoever.

I saw the way he looked at her, and I saw the way she looked at him. She had never looked at me like that. She probably never will.

Kirishima may have loved her, but she loves him.

The part that really sucks, is that he has his hero license. So he can go on a mission and rescue her, scoop her into his arms, and walk off into the sunset. They fall in love and I'm on the sidelines. Sounds about right. Let's be honest. If AJ had to choose between me and Kirishima.....

She'd laugh in my face and say she'd never date me. Say I'm too big of a hothead, too grumpy, and I don't like anyone, so how could she date me? Then she'd jump into Kirishima's arms raving about how sweet he was. Shit. She'd pick Denki over me. Rant about his funny personality, their similarities, or compliment how pretty his eyes were compared to my "scary" red ones.

This fucking sucks. Love is actually ass. Never love anything.

I blasted a nearby building and heard a voice behind me.

"Woah! Looks like a natural disaster hit this place."

I turned and saw Hawks. He looked like a hot fucking mess. He had huge eye bags, and his normal smile didn't have the same emotion behind it. He had no sparkle in his eye at all, it was kinda sad.

"What?"

He sighed, his wings drooping.

"I miss my kid, and I know how much you care about her."

I looked down at my feet.

"Listen, I know you didn't get your hero license, but......"

"But what?"

"You're headstrong, young, and definitely need more training-"

"Alright I don't want to hear you insult-"

"But you're strong, smart, and tough. So, we'll compromise."

"Compromise? What does that mean?"

"It means you are going to intern with me. We're going to save my daughter."

I looked up at him, and he smiled weakly.

"I worked out all the little details. So expect to go to a mission briefing tonight."

"We're going to save her tonight?"

"No. Sorry kid. Just a briefing. We need to plan this all out. It's too dangerous to do all in one day."

I groaned and he laughed, slinging his arm over my shoulder.

"Just means we get more time to hang out and chat!"

Oh God. Last time I talked to him, he almost killed me. Well actually, last time I talked to him, I cried. But let's not talk about that, right?

AJ can never know.

Ever.
__________________________________

The meeting was just boring hero shit. I just wanted to know who I could and couldn't kill.

Not that it mattered much. Anyone who laid a hand on AJ is as good as dead.

Anyone.

Hawks walked me back to UA, after buying the two of us some milkshakes from an ice cream place. I feel like he was only being nice because he knew AJ and I were......friends.

"You know Bakugo, I don't give you enough credit."

"Huh?"

"You've been protecting my little girl for a while. I'm grateful for that. I know how much you've done."

"Like what?"

"Oh come on. Serena told me everything. Comforting her in the hospital, threatening a kid who insulted her, slapping for her at the sports festival when no one else would.....word gets around. Vía angel of course."

I can't believe Serena told him all that. I'm gonna kill her.

"Wait, speaking of her, why isn't she coming to save AJ?"

A grave look washed over Hawks' face.

"Serena and AJ can't survive more than a week without each other. If Serena goes one week without conjoining with AJ in any way........"

"She dies." I concluded.

He nodded, "She's already getting sick, and it's only been 3 days. Using any power will weaken her even more. We can't- I can't risk it. She's my kid too."

I nodded.

"We're gonna save AJ, and Serena will be better in no time."

Hawks smiled and ruffled my hair.

"Love the enthusiasm kid."

We walked in silence and when we walked into UA, he asked me a question.

"Bakugo," Hawks started, walking into the common room with me, "what would you do for my daughter?"

I looked down at my hands, then looked Hawks in these eyes.

"I'd do anything for her. I'd- I'd kill for her. Or just beat the ever-living shit out of anyone who touched her."

He nodded seriously, then made a joke.

"Definitely don't tell the hero commission that one. For both of our safety."

I nodded, and there was a loud beeping heard all throughout the building and students came piling into the common room to see what was the matter.

Then the TV cut on.