well, at least school is on break

Bakugo
Aizawa called us all into the common room in the dorms to talk to us. I didn't need to wonder what it was about, but the rest of class was talking about it. They were all talking so cheerily, thinking maybe we had a hero visiting, or that we would be doing new training exercises.

Multiple times I wanted to turn to AJ and make fun of Mina's excited screeching or say something about how stupid the class looked, but she wasn't there.

Kirishima patted me on the shoulder.

"Hey, what's got you so in the dumps Bakubro?"

I swatted his hand away.

"Nothing, idiot."

We walked into the common room and I saw Aizawa standing next to Hawks, who looked like utter shit.

His eyes were bloodshot and puffy, and he had huge bags under his eyes. It had only been a day since AJ disappeared, but I'm sure he didn't get a wink of sleep in the time I went to his house until now.

Next to him was an equally sad Serena, who also had red puffy eyes. She had probably cried herself to sleep.

Wow. That makes two of us!

And lastly, on Aizawa's right, was All Might, who had a defeated look on his face, and was slowly shaking his head.

I saw Deku look up at him confused, and that's when worry settled in on his face. I couldn't even find any energy to talk shit to Deku. I was so defeated.

"We need to talk. Students."

We all looked up at Aizawa, who sighed sadly.

"As you may or may not know, your classmate AJ has been taken by the League of Villains. She disappeared 24 hours ago, and we don't know where she is now, or.....whether or not she is...."

Hawks turned his head away at the mere thought of his daughter being dead, his wings dropping, and Serena stifling a sob as she grabbed his hand.

Hawks, looked up.

"We're looking for her. We won't stop until we find her. And when I get my hands on the goddamn League....."

All Might sighed.

"Hawks. Please."

Hawks shook his head.

"My kid is gone All Might. Tell me how the fuck am I supposed to be handling this? Since you know so much."

All Might looked sadly at Hawks, who stomped out of the room.

Aizawa wiped a stray tear from his face. I didn't even realize he was crying.

I looked to my side and saw a horrified look on Nat's face. I forgot how close she was with AJ. I should've told her before this. But I was afraid of her being upset that her best friend going missing was all my fault.

"Until AJ is returned safely, we have made the decision to postpone your classes. However, we recommend that you stay here in the dorms so you can be protected and accounted for."

Deku stood up.

"We were able to save Kaachan right? We can save AJ too!"

I slammed my fist down on the arm of the couch.

"Deku you damn idiot, it's not that easy this time."

"Kaachan?"

I gritted my teeth.

"When it was me, the League didn't want me anyways. Those bastards knew I wasn't going to join them. It's not the same. They don't want AJ the same way they wanted me. Don't you fucking get it?"

Deku looked hurt, but Serena nodded.

"He's right, Izuku. They don't want AJ to join. They aren't stupid, they know she wouldn't join."

"Then why do they want her?" Kirishima piped up.

Serena looked down at her feet.

"They want to break her."

"What's that mean?" Denki asked.

Serena shook her head and wiped tears from her face.

"Think about it, Shoto is the son of the number one hero, so he would make most sense to take, right? AJ is only the kid of the number two hero, and is adopted at that. But the fact is AJ is bubbly and loud and fun. If they figure out a way to break her spirit and make her a sad shell of who she once was, that will break her and Hawks. Maybe the public won't know the difference, but whenever a hero comes in contact with them? They'll just be reminded of how we all completely failed them. How we failed AJ. We'll all fall apart."

Serena was fighting back tears, and All Might walked over and put his hand on her shoulder.

"Come with me. Let's take a break from this."

The two walked out of the room and Aizawa looked up at all all.

"I do not want to see anything like what you pulled with Bakugo. That was dangerous, and you could've gotten hurt. I understand you have hero licenses now, but I need you guys to understand that we don't know if the League has hurt AJ, or if they plan on hurting her. Unless your hero agencies are directly asked to help save her, do not go looking for her. Please. We've already lost one student, we can't lose any more."

Aizawa looked directly into my eyes, and spoke one more time.

"Please do not go searching. No matter how much you miss her. It's not worth the risk."

After that he trudged out of the room without another word, leaving us to sit in a painful blanket of silence.

Kirishima turned to me.

"Is that why you're upset?"

I grunted and looked down at my feet.

"Kaachan? Are you alright?"

I felt my side pocket. I rubbed my fingers on the small velvet box. The necklace I didn't get to show her. A matching heart, with "AJ" engraved on it. The small piece of paper with my chicken scratch handwriting that read "I love you, dumbass".

"Kaachan?"

I looked up at Deku, and could feel tears forming.

"Piss off. All of you."

Kirishima put his hand on my shoulder.

"It's alright Bakubro. We're here for you."

I pushed his hand off me and stood up.

"Stop pitying me! All of you! If I wasn't a fucking weakling, if I had got my hero license, if I finished these dumbass classes, she would be safe. Stop feeling sorry for me cause I'm a failure okay? I get it! I just have to train harder. I'm getting her back. I'll- I will save her!" I yelled, clutching my fists angrily.

"Bakugo...." Todoroki started.

I brushed a hand through my hair and stifled tears.

"Shut up IcyHot. All of you shut up. Piss off you stupid extras."

I stomped off to my room and slammed the door behind me.

AJ is gone and it's my fault.