ah. childhood trauma.

On the 17th of January at 9:27 pm, a girl was born.

This girl had two wing nubs on her back, and her parents were horrified at this turn of events. Neither of them had mutation quirks, hell, they barely had quirks at all.

They named her something, but only ever cared to call her AJ. So that was the only name she ever knew. No last name, no full name. Only AJ.

When she was a toddler, AJ liked to talk to her imaginary friend named Serena. Her parents found it endearing, and her wings had disappeared only a few months after her birth, so they had learned to love their daughter.

One day, her mother walked in, picking up her daughter.

"Well good morning AJ!"

The young girl stared up at her mother, confused.

"I'm Serena! Not AJ, silly!"

The mother laughed and then looked at her daughter's piercing blue eyes.

But AJ's eyes were brown.

The mother set the child down and ran out of the room, showing her husband what had happened.

The girl's eyes then shifted to brown, and she smiled up at her parents.

"Mommy! Daddy!"

That night the parents came to a decision in their room. Their daughter was clearly possessed, but they decided they would take her to a doctor.

The parents took her to the doctor, who insisted that the change of personality was something due to her quirk, and with more tests, they could know exactly what was happening to their daughter.

The mother, disgusted by the thought of having a freak of a child, scoffed.

"No. We want to get rid of her. Now."

The doctor was taken aback, and while upset by the decision, he concluded the girl was better off without these parents anyways.

So the girl, at the age of four, was set up for  adoption.

__________________________________

A woman ran out of the adoption center, screaming, after watching the 5 year old's eyes flicker from blue to brown.

The blue eyed girl stared up at her caretaker, tears threatening to spill.

"What did I do wrong now?"

The caretaker pet the young girl's head.

"Nothing sweetheart. Nothing."
__________________________________

The girl, now age 7, was finally getting the parents to warm up to her. It had taken an immigration overseas to an entirely new country, but AJ was finally getting her fresh start. They even found her eye color change cute, and were ready to adopt.

The young girl became so excited, a small pair of wings suddenly popped out of her back, causing her skin to start to bleed.

The parents were horrified, and immediately exited the building, protesting that they never want to see that "devil child" again.

AJ sat and wrote down "devil child" in marker on her wrist.

She'd figure it was easier if she labeled herself, just to make sure no one got confused.
__________________________________

After more and more mistrials at age 10, AJ ran away from her foster home.

Soon after, missing person's posters were set up everywhere. But who cares about a missing foster kid?

No one.

A year passed and no one even recognized her as the missing little girl. In fact, most of her missing posters were taken down in mere weeks after she disappeared. I mean, you can't ruin the beautiful city of Tokyo with pictures of a ratty little devil child.

Eventually, she signed herself up for a public middle school, and was able to attend classes using fake names for her parents. No one ever seemed to care enough. Not even the teachers wanted to deal with whatever AJ had going on.

Finally, she was out of middle school, and she thought about signing up for a high school, but she figured she wouldn't be able to do it without parents.

However, the girl was in for quite the surprise.