i do some hero work and stop a murder

AJ
I sprinted down the stairs, hoping Hawks was too busy watching Scooby Doo to pay attention to what I was wearing or the rush I was clearly in.

The one time I need that Goddamned Great Dane to be there for me, he isn't. Thanks for absolutely nothing.

I was nearing the door when a group of feathers blocked my pathway and pushed me backwards.

"Woah woah. Slow down there kid!"

The feathers spun me around to face Hawks, a bowl of cereal in his hands and a confused look on his face. The funniest thing about him is that he can't help but be a bird. I know I'm in so much trouble, but his head slowly cocking as he stares at me is just way too funny.

"Don't you dare laugh at my bird habits right now. You're in trouble."

Serena appeared next to me with a loud, "Pop".

"I heard AJ's in trouble! What for?"

I pushed Serena in the face and she stumbled backwards.

"I'm not in trouble, because I haven't done anything wrong!"

"You never told me what you're in such a rush for."

"Alright! I'm hanging out with a friend! What? Can't have friends? I know you don't have any Hawks, but I'd like to have a couple."

Hawks gasped dramatically and took a step back, "Very rude. I have friends!"

"Name four of them."

"Endeavor-"

"Oh Lord, he doesn't count."

"Fine! Mirko-"

"Mirko? Oh please, I said friends Hawks!"

"You?"

I stayed silent, then nodded, "I'll give you that but given I'm also technically your daughter, you're on thin ice."

"Well. That settles that."

Hawks started to leave and I turned to the door and almost had time to make a break for it, but was cut short by a shout from Hawks.

"Wait! Hold on. What friend?"

"Just one from UA. They're in my class."

Hawks stared at my outfit, and I wrapped my black flannel over my cropped t-shirt. His eyes landed on my black plaid skirt, and he set his cereal bowl down.

"Hold on, gender neutral pronouns, a cute outfit, oh my God!"

"Hawks please don't-"

"You're going on a date! Who's the lucky guy?"

"No one alright? Listen I gotta go he's probably waiting! Seriously Hawks I have to-"

A knock sounded on the door.

Hawks, Serena, and I all stared each other down. Who was going to move first?

I took off to the door, decided I would abandon shoes just to make sure he was out of sight before Hawks stabbed him to death.

A cluster of red feathers caught on my clothes and lifted me in the air before I could grab the doorknob, and Serena was close behind Hawks to see who this mystery boy was.

The door opened and Hawks smiled wide, his eyes closing.

I tried to motion for him to run, very far. He couldn't see me. I mean, I was floating. So it's fair.

"Well hello there young-"

Hawks opened his eyes, and then slammed the door, and I fell to the floor.

"Hawks you can't just-"

"You're not going out with him."

"Hawks would you please listen to me-"

"Absolutely not! You won't leave this house with him."

I pushed past him and opened the door and made eye contact with a pair of very confused crimson eyes.

"What the hell just happened?"

I groaned, "Didn't I tell you to wait in the car if I was taking a while?"

"Well I wasn't sure your slow ass would remember we were going to hang out today."

Hawks pushed in front of me, and his wings stretched out, and his chest puffed out.

"What the hell do you think you're doing with my daughter?"

Bakugo rolled his eyes, "Going on a date. What's it look like?"

I think Hawks was about to stab a child.

I ducked under his wing and put an arm in front of Bakugo.

"What the dumbass means, is we're going to hang out. That's it. Just the mall, nothing too big. Okay? I'll be back before like, midnight okay?"

"Midnight? Absolutely not! At least 11pm!"

"Alright Pigeon Man! 11pm!"

"I won't let anything happen to her."

Hawks looked at Bakugo, "What? What did you say?"

"Nothing is going to happen to her. I'll protect her."

I looked up at Bakugo, thinking he was only saying it to make Hawks calm the hell down, but I could see a different type of fire in his eyes. He meant every word he said, and there was a strange determination in his eyes I don't think I've ever seen before. He genuinely wanted to protect me.

A little dramatic, but the thought in itself was sweet.

Hawks seemed to be able to see this certain look in Bakugo's eyes, because he reluctantly agreed to let us leave.

"Be safe out there kiddo. Don't do anything I wouldn't do."

"What you wouldn't do? Geez Hawks, that list is minuscule."

Bakugo and I started to walk away, and Hawks shouted.

"Well that's what should make it so easy to follow!"