Green Eyed Monster

"Jeanette, thank you again for lending me your dress! Thanks to you I was able to finish my party without any problems~"

Two days after she had fallen into the lake, Princess Athanasia came to visit Jeanette at the Ruby Palace. Sitting down in one of the many tea rooms Athanasia smiled brightly at the gloomy girl across from her. Perhaps it was because the First Princess had visited without warning, but Jeanette seemed rather haggard. Sneaking a peak over the rim of her cup Athanasia noticed that Jeanette had a few hairs out of place and she wasn't wearing any ornaments.

'Your maids must have rushed you to get ready once they heard I was waiting for you.'

"I-it wasn't a problem at all Sister, so don't worry about it."

Despite her kind words, Jeanette was still upset that Athanasia had borrowed the dress. The fact that it had been a gift from Ijekiel had only made her feel worse. Being raised as the only ward of Duke Alpheus Jeanette had never needed to share anything in her life. Even as children Jeanette and Ijekiel had always been interested in different things so they had never shared the same toys or books.

'I only agreed to let her wear it to stop the maids from spreading rumors behind my back.'

"Still I'm very grateful, it's a good thing that our guests were so understanding. Everyone was kind and gave me so many compliments."

"Of course, it's my dress after all."

Speaking stiffly Jeanette acted as if her dress was the reason Athanasia had gotten so many compliments. Smiling kindly Athanasia gestured for Hannah to give the dress back to Jeanette. Stepping forward the maid gave a slight bow before handing it over to Jeanette. Taking another sip of tea the golden haired princess tried not to smile at the thought of Jeanette having to carry it back to her room herself.

"Amy, could you take this back to my room?"

To Athanasia's surprise one of the maids actually came forward and took the dress from Jeanette.

'Amy that's her nanny from before right?'

"Oh? ... Jeanette, who was that maid? I don't think I've seen her before."

Trying not to seem too interested, the younger princess waited until Amy had left the room before trying to question Jeanette.

"Don't you remember Sister? I asked Father for some new maids a long time ago, it took a while but he was finally able to find some!"

Smiling brightly Jeanette didn't mention the fact that they had really come from the Alpheus Mansion, or that there were only three of them.

"I'm just glad that I didn't have to wait too long, hehe. Living in the Palace is much different than living in the Alpheus Mansion."

✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿ ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯

After Athanasia had returned the dress to the Ruby Palace Jeanette started to wear it frequently. As if she were trying to prove to everyone that the dress belonged to her alone. Even though the Emperor had allowed Jeanette to live in the Palace there weren't many places that she was allowed to enter. Because of that Jeanette had been spending most of her time walking around the Central Palace, trying to gain the sympathy of any nobles or court officials who were unfortunate enough to cross her path.

 Because of that Jeanette had been spending most of her time walking around the Central Palace, trying to gain the sympathy of any nobles or court officials who were unfortunate enough to cross her path