Tea Party

"Seth, Hannah! Is the furniture and decorations ready to go? ... What about the tea and snacks?"

When they had first set a date for the tea party it had seemed so far away. But now, on the day of the event, it felt too close.

Responding to the princess' questions the two maids assured her that everything was taken care of.

"Princess everything is being arranged. The servants are decorating the gardens right now."

"The chiefs are starting on the snacks now princess, please don't stress."

"Please don't worry yourself Princess. You've already worked so hard, let us handle the rest."

Stepping behind the golden haired princess Lillian rubbed her shoulders to relax the young girl.

"The other maids will decorate the gardens, so let's get you all dressed up. If we don't start soon you won't be ready in time."

"Alright Lily,"

Grabbing her nanny's hand Athanasia allowed the maids to lead her to the bathroom. Hannah and Seth helped her out out of her day dress while the head Maid helped the others prepare the water. Stepping into the tub Athanasia Leaned back as the relaxing scent of roses spread through the room.

✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿ ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯

"Princess, it's time for you to wake up now. Today you have to attend Princess Athanasia's tea party."

Once again Jeanette was woken up by Mary but this time the young girl quickly crawled out of the bed. The new princess had been so excited at her chance to gain allies she had barely fallen asleep. It was a bit embarrassing feeling so excited for such a small event, but to her it felt like the debutante all over agian.

'I've always known I was born to be a princess, but finally everyone else will know it too.'

"Princess, your breakfast is waiting for you in the dinning room."

As Jeanette started to wash her face Mary told her that her breakfast was waiting for her. Yanking the offered towel out of Mary's hands Jeanette dried her face gently before rounding on the Maid.

"Are you crazy? I won't eat today! Do you want me to look fat at my Sister's party?"

Muttering to herself the new princess couldn't believe how Mary was acting. It was a common thing for noble ladies to not eat before attending an event. Even as a child Jeanette remembered hearing about it from her Aunt Rosalia.

"But princess, what should we do with the food?"

"It doesn't matter just throw it away. I can't worry about such things right now, I need to get ready!"

'Does she even care about the chefs and servants who wasted their time preparing food for her?'

'How can Mary bother me about eating when I'm about to attend my first event since my debutante?'

After a quick bath Jeanette had Mary help her into the dress she had chosen from the ones the Duke and Ijekiel had brought her. As her first appearance after the debutante she wanted to give of the appearance of an elegant, mature, humble princess. Because of that the dress's style was simpler than she would have liked, but the edges were trimmed with delicate embroidery. The dress was a beautiful white with yellow and gold thread.

Wanting to maintain a humble air, she decided to leave her hair down. Looking at herself in the mirror Jeanette smiled. With such a simple but lovely appearance the other young ladies would definitely sympathise with her who wasn't as frivolous as the concubine's daughter. Even the servants who normally ignored her couldn't keep their eyes off of how lovely she looked. Unknown by her the servants simply couldn't believe how ignorant she was wearing such an elaborate dress to an outside tea party.