Chapter 31

OKAY! I had time to type so... HERE! And not that I expect any of you to care but my B-Day is in 1 day, January 18th. I'll post that day, just so you know, but only if I have something thought up.

I stomped down the stairs only to see that the woman, Ms. Kone, that owned the place sitting with a couple. "What?" I made it clear I was mad.

"These are the Jones, and they're interested in adopting," the woman said acting like she just hadn't yelled to try to get me to hurry up. "What does this have to do with me?" I acted like I had no clue what was going on. Ms. Kone cleared her throat, "We're letting the Jones meet everyone so that they can see who they like the best."

"Do I have to?" I looked at them. "Yes, now sit," Ms. Kone said, clearly getting irritated. The kiss-ups ran into the room, "Ma'm, Ma'm we found this in Phoenix's room!" They held up an egg with multiple designs on it. One was me, another was Bunny, then flames, and Bunny's warren.

"Put that down!" I yelled jumping up. "Phoenix, you know you're not allowed to keep food in your room," Kone looked at the kiss-ups, "get rid of it." I stared as one of the kids were getting ready yo throw it out the window. "YOU DO ANYTHING TO THE EGG, I SWEAR TO GOD, I'LL KILL YOU!" I knew they thought I was overreacting, but I wasn't really. It was one of the only things I had left. Ms. Kone took it from the kid and strode to the kitchen where she smashed it and threw it away.

My eyes watered again. I knew the moment she said anything, I was going to explode, not literally, I didn't know how to deal with this, Bunny or the other guardians were there to calm me down. Not now, not any more.

"You know no food in the rooms." I clenched my jaw, I wouldn't snap. I knew I would, no matter what I told myself, "It wasn't food, it was an Easter egg from a friend." Ms. Kone go snarky, "Well, why don't I go talk to them?" I snapped, "YOU CAN'T! THEY DIED!" Technically I wasn't Not telling the truth, I just wasn't specifying when they died. To emphasize the words, I ran back to my room, slamming the door.

Tears were streaming down my cheeks, again, and my breaths were short. I made a snap decision. Grabbing my backpack, I shoved all my stuff into it and put it on my back. I never had much, so I didn't have a 'too much stuff, I have to choose' problem.

I climbed out the window into the bitter cold weather. Being on the second story, I had to climb down one of the pipes. That was when the woman walked into my room. "PHOENIX! Get back in here. RIGHT NOW!"

(After woman went back down stairs.)

"We'd like her," Mrs. Jones told Ms. Kone.