Chapter 25

Okay in the next 3 chapters maybe, you will absolutely HATE me, but I'll make it up to you guys later. I promise. It'll be like a HOLY CRAP WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU moment. You readers just have to trust me. Okay? Now enough with that, Enjoy! Sorry for the shortness.

"Wait, if she's human, then she can't stay here." Bunny looked worried. North nodded, "This was what Death wanted." Phoenix looked sad, "I'll go get my stuff."

Once she left the room he and the other guardians got into a heated conversation. "You can't just leave her out there. Death could get to her and kill her permanently," Bunny was practically hissing. "Bunny I know you care for her, but we can't let her stay. If Death comes back she wouldn't be able to defend herself, it would do more damage than good," North hissed back. They kept their voices low so Phoenix wouldn't hear. What they didn't know was that Phoenix had already made her decision.

"Where's Phoenix?" Kristeen said walking from Phoenix's room. Jack knew exactly where she was. "I'll be right back, 10 minutes tops." He let the wind carry him to where Phoenix had died and became a guardian. She was sitting on a bench, messing with one of the buttons on a jacket she had on.

"Why's you just leave?" Jack landed by her, sitting on the top of his staff. "It would be easier if I just left and forgot. Kristeen's better off without me, it would be too painful to say good-bye. I could say I was kidnapped and that I got away." Phoenix let out a pained sigh, "It'd be easier if everyone forgot we ever met and just go back to the way things were before."

"What're you going to do? Now that you decided to leave." Phoenix started walking toward a police station, "I'm going to go back to my mom, find a job. Then I might try to find a way for Kristeen to forgive me. Tell the others that I'm going what's best, okay?" Jack noddedd and waited till she had entered the station before flying off.