Chapter 30

OMG! Thank you to the loyal readers that have been with this story since, well the beginning. I never thought I would make it to chapter 30. Thank you all, now I'll let you get to the story, but know that I might not post for days, maybe up to a week at a time because of school. Well, Enjoy!

(Goes to Phoenix)

"Hey Jonathan, do you mind, you know, shutting up?" It was after dinner, the worst part of the day. Some kids get crazy and have about 10 sodas, which make them even more hyper. Jonathan was yelling like there was no tomorrow.

"Um, how about, no," the kid said then continued yelling. I groaned and walked away yo my room. When I opened the door, I was horrified and beyond angry. Three of the kiss-ups were going through what little I had. Jack had given me letters from the guardians, telling them it was a exercise to say good-bye or something.

The three kids were sitting on the floor, the letters were ripped at their feet, and were ruining anything that had anything to do with any holiday. "WHAT'RE YOU DOING?!" The little kiss-ups went to talk when I yelled, "OUT! NOW!" As they left, I snatched my stuff from their hands.

The kids had destroyed the only thing I had left from the guardians. "Phoenix? Are you okay?" I kept my door locked and collapsed onto my bed, sobbing, holding the ripped letters. I didn't have the chance to even open them at all. "Phoenix?"

"GO AWAY!" I knew I was being mean, but I didn't care. The guardians were all that I had left. Kristeen was nowhere to be found, my mom in jail, Pitch was busy, busy with what I had no clue. It didn't matter though.

There was a tap on the window. I turned and saw an old friend standing there. "Silvi? You're here! Wait, why? How?" I was so happy but confused at the same time. "To see you, now open the window," Silvi said like it was suppose to be a duh moment for me. Once the window was open Silvi climbed into the room. Still shocked that she was here, I didn't realize I was hugging her till we broke apart. "Phoenix, where were you? It's been almost 2 years since I last saw you."

My eye watered, "I know, but it's too hard to talk about." Silvi sat down, "Okay, well if or when you're ready to talk, I'm here."

(Goes to the guardians)

Bunny and Jack had calmed down and were talking with the others about what to do about Death taking Kristeen. "We can't just go and take her back, she is his daughter, he has the right to see her." North knew what he said would piss off the others, but it was the truth. Death did have the right to see his daughter, like Pitch had the right to see Phoenix.

"I know he does, but he's going to use her against Phoenix," Bunny said trying to stay calm. Flipping out wasn't going to help anyone, just make things worse. "We should warn Phoenix," Tooth said fluttering next to Sandy. "No, we tell her, she'll go after Death. She'd be killed before she got a mile from her. We have to deal with this ourselves. No one else can know and we can't say a word out side this room about this," Jack spoke up for the first time."

Bunny nodded, "Okay."

(Back to Phoenix, after Silvi left)

I couldn't not tell her, Silvi should know. She was one of my best friends, and last time I saw her, she told me she still believed in Bunny , North, Sandy, Tooth and even Pitch. I hesitated, what if she lost faith after I had disappeared. What if she thought I was crazy for still believing, saying 'You're too old to believe in that anymore.

I was snapped back to reality when I heard the door unlock. I glared at the owner of the orphanage as she walked in, "People are here, and they're interested in you, so get down there." I put the ripped letters in my pocket. "Fine," I growled, "I'll be down in a minute. I have to make myself 'presentable'."

I grabbed my brush and put my hair into a pony-tail, since I hated the braid it was in before. A 'nice' shirt, in my case, was a long-sleeve similar to the one I was wearing when I went to sae Kristeen from our burning house. I had grey ripped jeans and my black ankle boots I wore when I fought the guardians. "PHOENIX!" I groaned as the woman yelled at me. "I'M COMING!" I yelled in retaliation.