Chapter 17

Sasuke pov:

"Hinata was my little cousin.. she wasn't the most extroverted person, she wasn't the most skilled in most things she does" neji began to speak as he held a candle infront of the memorial of hinata.

Her pictures everywhere's lit by the candles under a soft yellow light, flowers around it as if her smile was being lit one last time.

I stood between naruto and sakura who were both crying. My right arm around sakura's body my left arm on naruto's back.

"We still don't know who is responsible for the tragic death of my cousin, but rest assured if the legal system doesn't find her...i damn sure will" neji said.

I looked beside him where hinata's father stood stoic...almsot proud... how sad, her little sister had a runny nose and was balling her eyes out, neji of course was upset and tenten who stood up there with him...stood scared..which was weird.

"Sasuke-kun...i would like to leave now...this is all too much" sakura said as i nodded.

"We're going to head out, text or call me if you need us" i said to naruto as he nodded.

"Thank you teme..see you guys later" he said.

I walked sakura to the car as her phone rang.

"Hello...hi kailey....um sure...let me see if sasuke-kun wants to go we're just now leaving hinata vigil...okay see you soon" she said hanging up the phone as we got in the car.

"Kailey?" I asked as she nodded.

"Her and the guys invited us out"

"Out where?"

"Just for food, laser tag, you know fun things" she said sadly.

"Sakura" i turned towards her in the car as i grabbed her hand.

"Sasuke-kun, it's just...im thinking about hinata..thinking of how scared she must've been" she said as she sniffled.

My hand tightened around her's as her sad green eyes met mine.

"I know...you can cry more if you need to" i said as her tears fell, and she nodded.

"Sasuke-kun....i just wonder...why ino wasn't there... why wouldn't she show up to hinata's vigil?" She asked.

"I don't know...lets meet with our friends...lets go get our mind off of everything" i said.

"You really want to go out sasuke-kun?" She asked as i nodded.

"You're happy when you're with them.. so if it means i can see a smile rather than these tears, then I'll go out with you". I said as she giggled wiping her tears.

"Okay sasuke-kun, we can meet up at kailey's house" she said as i nodded putting the car in drive and pulling out off from the lot.

As we drove, sakura ended up sleeping on our way there, i played the radio softly as a few r&b songs played.

Soon we arrived at kaileys, where i soflty shook sakura awake, who stirred a bit before fully waking up. Getting out the car sakura stretched as i locked the doors, walking around the car taking the lead towards kailey's front door.

I knocked as sakura stood behind me, a few seconds passed as the door swung open revealing a woman around the age of my own mother, must be kaileys mom.

"Hello, are you sasuke and sakura? Kaileys friends?" She asked as we both nodded. "Its a pleasure to meet you, kailey is upstairs with the others, it'll be the first door to your right" she said as we nodded and thanked her for inviting us into her home.