Yes, But Why Loki?

"Thor get your brother out of there." Tony remarks. "They are entirely too comfortable. Wanda, what are they talking about?"

"They've closed their minds to me."

"Both of them?" Steve inquires.

"They definitely don't want us to know what they are talking about."

Tony walks into the room.  "Alright, let's break this up. You!" he points to Loki "Out!"

"Don't worry, Pet, I shall return." Loki bends over and kisses her hand, turns, smirks at Tony and leaves the room.  Tony takes his place at the girl's bedside.

"Are you my guard now, Tin Man?"

"That's Iron Man."

"I know, I know. I'm just having a little fun."

"You seem to have relaxed some. Did the greaseball put you at ease?"

Mickie bristles. "You shouldn't insult him like that." Her eyes narrow.

"Fascinating." Tony looks at her intensely.  "You say you have an IQ of 183 but you seem to be over the moon for a mass murderer."

"In all honesty, I was hung over when I took that test so my IQ's probably higher.  I have obtained degrees from Harvard, MIT and Cambridge with majors in Biomechanical Engineering and International Developmental Economics."

Tony blinks in disbelief.

"Then why were you working as a clerk at a bodega in the Bronx?"

"Let's just say, I don't play well with others.  Not everyone is born with a silver spoon in their mouth, Stark"

"Touché. Now answer my question.  What's the fascination with tall, dark and creepy?"

Mickie laughs. "First off, he's freakin gorgeous." Tony bristles. "I'm entitled to my opinion! He's also been through so much pain in his life that none of you seem to want to acknowledge.  Let's put this in perspective.  We're talking over a thousand years of abusive parenting, an indifferent or obtuse sibling, daily abuse and suspicion from your teammates. Yea, I bet even you would be just a tad bitter."

Tony sits back in his seat.

"Look at how you've been treating me just because I'm supportive of him. Just because I am capable of showing empathy for someone in pain."

"So, you pity him?"

"I am not obtuse, am I Brother?" Thor whispers to Loki who raises his hand up to shush him.

"No, I don't pity him because he has shown immeasurable strength through all he has faced.  I admire the fact that every day he rises to your continuous name calling and distrust and still, whether you believe it or not, would take a bullet for his teammates; that he would avenge his brother should any harm come to Thor."

"And how do you know this?" Tony sits back and crosses his arms. In the observation room, Wanda takes Loki's hand in support.

"I've been in his head, and I've watched the movies and his series, religiously.  I've seen his transformation."

"You know," Tony leans forward in his chair. "I still can't get my head around that, you know, movies about us."

Realization hits Mickie. "My phone! It's in my clothes. I can prove this if you bring it to me."

After a few moments, Steve brings the device to Mickie. "Just a second" she starts to fiddle with it. "Of course, I can't connect to any of my services, but I have downloaded some of the movies.  Damn, its nearly dead.  If you can find a way to charge it, everything you need to know is in my downloaded files.  I believe you would find it eye-opening."