God of Thunder

Outside the room.

"What are you thinking, Captain?" asks the man with the eye patch.

"Well, Fury, it bothers me that she's a fan of Loki but in all honesty, I don't think she is from around here."

"Why do you say that?"

"She knows who we are but insists that we are not real. Furthermore, that was a gaping chest wound she was brought in with and now there's nothing more than a scratch. She remembers being shot but seems genuinely confused as to why she is even alive, let alone healed."

An orderly approaches, "Director Fury" and hands him a blue folder. Fury reviews the results inside.

"Looks like you're right Cap. She ain't from around here." And hands Steve the file.

"I think we should take her back to the compound." He says after reading the contents.

"Are you sure, Steve?" Fury looks through the glass window in the door. He can see her glaring back at him. "That is not a happy camper in there and when she finds out that she has somehow been transported to an alternate reality, who knows how she'll react."

"That's why we need her in a controlled and supervised environment." Answers Steve. "Besides, in all honesty, staying here is just upsetting her more."

"Well before you take her back to the Avengers Compound, I suggest you reach out to Thor first and have him convince his creepy brother to return to Asgard. I don't trust him."

"Neither do I, but before we start banishing Loki, perhaps we should talk to Thor."

Mickie eventually falls asleep having grown bored of the human statue in the corner of her room. Dreams chase her. She sees Hassan, some of her regular customers, Tiffany. Soon they are all replaced by a figure, all in black, holding a shotgun pointed at her. She starts to beg and plead but he simply laughs and pulls the trigger over and over again.

"See you on the other side." He whispers in a deep, rumbling voice that morphs into an evil laugh.

She looks down at herself and she watches as blood begins to pour out of her chest. She screams in horror. Steve, Fury and now Thor, who has joined them, rush into the room. The guard is attempting to hold her down as she screams and thrashes violently. A nurse attempts to inject a sedative but Mickie only becomes more violent and flings the nurse against the wall. Steve and Thor attempt to restrain her but while they are eventually successful, it proves to be quite difficult requiring all their strength.

"By the Gods this woman is strong!" exclaims Thor.

"Help me please. I don't want to die." she moans.

Her eyes grow wide as she begins to focus on Thor.

"Thor?"

"Yes, milady

"Yes, milady. Do I know you?"

"You're not real! You can't be real! I'm going insane! Someone help me!" The sedative is taking effect and Mickie begins to mumble, "Loki, Loki, Loki..." before drifting off again.

Thor and Steve exchange looks.

"I do not know this woman, Captain, but she appears to know my brother. Even in her sleep she calls to him. Where did she come from?"

Fury brings Thor up to speed. "She appeared out of nowhere on a street in the Bronx with a massive chest wound. Witnesses say there was a blinding light and she showed up phasing in and out until she solidified. The authorities were called and due to the nature of her 'manifestation', S.H.I.E.L.D. was called in."

Thor looked back at the moaning woman then turns back to Fury. "Chest wound?"

"She healed."

Steve continues, "We think she's from another timeline. Ever since your brother returned rambling on about 'variants' and a 'multiverse', we began looking for ways to detect these anomalies. When we ran her blood there were disparities between her cellular structure and a normal human. And before you ask, we ran comparisons between her blood and all documented alien species – no match."

"My first instinct," continues Steve, "is to transport her to the Avenger Compound where she might be more forthcoming in a less clinical environment. I'm just worried about the proximity to your brother."

"How old do you think she is? Do we even know her name?" Thor glances again at the young woman.

"Our estimate is between eighteen and twenty-three years of age. We don't know her name." Says Fury. "She had no ID on her when we found her."

Mickie's eyes flutter and she lets forth a drug hazed laugh.

"My name is Mickie, short for Michaela, and Fury, you flatter me. I'm one hundred and fifty-seven years old."

Her head flops to the side and she smiles at Thor. "You're pretty," She giggles "and what a body. Yummy." Thor clears his throat.

"The sedative must be wearing off." Says Fury, "Her body must process it through her system faster."

"I know this is all a fantasy of my dying body but if things don't work out between me and Loki, I wouldn't mind taking you for a spin, King of Asgard. Care to mingle with the commoners, even if I am just a simple Midgardian."

"Loki must explain this woman." Comments Thor.

She perked up visibly. "Are we going to see Loki? Mmmmin in his fine Asgardian leather." She giggled "Can't wait to finally meet him. See if the God measures up to my imagination."

"So, you've never met Loki?" Fury asks.

"Nope! Never had the pleasure." She snickers.

The room is silent.

"Can I be an Avenger?"