16.

Legolas pov

When Aragorn told me to step forward at the coronation I never would have suspected Luna to be in front of me, she looked absolutely beautiful in her dress and she just seemed to glow. The pull in my chest was just too much and I almost ran to her, she curtseyed and was looking down. I lifted her face, I needed to she her eyes. 

Her green eyes shone in the sunlight as I captured her lips with mine. Everyone around us cheered but in this moment it was just me and her, I wanted to whisk her away right then and there but I knew I couldn't just yet. When I pulled away I rested my head on hers, she was here, with me, in my arms again.

"I have missed you Nin ithil, Nin mel "

"And I you Nin anor, Nin mel" she replied.

I watched and listened with pride as Aragorn announced her a princess of Gondor and introduced her as one to all the people. My Beautiful Princess.

I found myself wishing for the celebration to end quickly so I could take her away and spend some alone time with her. When she asked for my help I agreed without hesitation and watched as she finally got to have Arwen as a sister. I watched her as she greeted the others and smiled as I felt her happiness in my chest, one of my fathers servants whispered in my ear that my father wanted to talk to me. I was lead to him but made sure I could still keep and eye on her, I was worried she would disappear again.

When I reached him he eyed me curiously, "So you like the she elf?" he said not asked.

"I love her, she is my Faenod" I say proudly. He scoffed.

"Faenod's are a fairy tale Legolas"

"Believe what you want but she is mine, I feel what she feels, we feel a pull towards each other and when we are apart it intensifies."

"If what you say is true, have you slept with her yet and completed the bond?"

"No, I don't want to push that on her. She didn't even know about Faenod's until I told her"
He was silent for a moment.

"I wish to meet her" he said.

I wasn't sure if that was a good idea but I couldn't say no either, I asked her to meet him and she was okay with it. As we spoke I felt anger when he referred to her as a pawn for power but with one small touch I was calmed by her. As she lead us away I could tell she felt uncomfortable and when Arwen asked her to talk to Lord Elrond I had to reassure her, Just the thought of talking to him seemed to panic her.

I listened as they talked and her anger and sadness filled my chest, it got to a point where I couldn't take it anymore and held her to me, shielding her from anymore pain. When Arwen agreed that it was enough I wasted no time in taking her away from him, today had been trying for us both and she was to upset to enjoy the rest of the party. I took her to my room and we were finally alone, just us.

Your pov

Being near Legolas and in his arms again felt amazing, I had missed him so much being apart and now that we were alone I felt him let his walls down. His sadness was overwhelming, he had almost lost hope of me ever returning to him. Looking into his eyes I saw tears and he was shaking, I cupped his face in my hands and gently stroked his cheeks.

"I didn't think you would come back" he said sadly, my heart ached for the elf in front of me.

"I'm so sorry Nin mel, I did not know I would be taken to Lothlorien for healing and be so far from you" He began to cry as I lead him to sit on his bed, he held me around the hips like he did a few weeks ago and cried into my stomach. I ran my fingers through his hair trying to sooth him, he calmed but only slightly so I sang him a song instead.