I stood looking out over the mounds of white flowers that adorned Theodred's tomb and those of his ancestors, I wore a dress that Theodred had given me the last time I was here.

The wind blew my hair, slightly whipping my face. Guilt tore at me, if I had been here he might still be alive, I could have done something to save him, I hadn't been here when he needed me. I could hear Theoden's moans of grief below. Theodred had always loved it when I would sing for him, Eowyn and Eomer at night, so I think I will sing for him one last time.

Nú on théostrum licgeth Théodred se léofa

hæ'letha holdost.

ne sceal hearpan sweg wigend weccean;

ne winfæ't gylden guma sceal healdan,

ne god hafoc geond sæ'l swingan,

ne se swifta mearh burhstede beatan.

Bealocwealm hafað fréone frecan forth onsended

giedd sculon singan gléomenn sorgiende

on Meduselde thæt he ma no wære

his dryhtne dyrest and maga deorost 

English version

Now dear Theodred lies in darkness,
most loyal of fighters.
The sound of the harp shall not wake the warrior;
nor shall the man hold a golden wine-cup,
nor good hawk swing through the hall,
nor the swift horse stamp in the courtyard.
An evil death has set forth the noble warrior
A song shall sing the sorrowing minstrels of Meduseld
That noble cousin, who always held me dear
Now is held in darkness, enclosed. 

I finished singing and saw that Theoden, Gandalf and many others were watching and listening, Theoden came up to me and held my hands in his.

"thank you Luna" he says sadly and kisses my forehead before leaving with Gandalf.

The crowd dispersed and I felt a hand on my shoulder, Legolas stood there gazing at me. I felt sorrow take over as tears fell from my eyes, he pulled me into his chest and held me close. He whispered comforting words to me as I cried, I don't know how long I cried for but I eventually calmed down. He pulled away a little and wiped the tears from my face, his piercing gaze met mine as his hand cupped my face. He leaned in to me until our lips were almost touching, he looked at me asking for permission I slightly nodded and his lips met mine. They were soft and smooth and the kiss was gentle and sweet. My heart felt like it was going to explode with all the emotions I was experiencing, he pulled away and we stared at each other shocked at what we just did.

"Luna I have been wanting to do that since Lothlorien, I care for you more then I have ever cared for anyone else. Luna may I court you?" he asked. My heart beat fast.

"I care for you as well Legolas, I would love for you to court me"

He beamed with happiness and kissed me again. As we pulled apart a noise drew our attention, a horse in the distance was carrying 2 children. When the boy fell off we ran to them.

.....

In the golden hall the 2 children are eating while Eowyn and I look after them.

"They had no warning. They were unarmed. Now the wild men are moving through the Westfold, burning as they go. Rick, cot and tree." she says to the king.

"where's mama?" asked the girl.

I shushed her and wrapped a blanket around her and her brothers shoulders, she settled down and ate in silence. 

"This is but a taste of the terror that Saruman will unleash. All the more potent for he is driven now by fear of Sauron. Ride out and meet him head on. Draw him away from your women and children." Gandalf leans forward and puts his hand on Theoden's chair, the king looks at Gandalf's hand warily.

"you must fight" 

"You have two thousand good men riding north as we speak. Eomer is loyal to you. His men will return and fight for their king." says Aragorn.

"They will be three hundred leagues from here by now!... Eomer cannot help us..... I know what it is that you want of me. But I will not bring further death to my people. I will not risk open war."

Gimli takes a bite of his bread as he watches the exchange between Aragorn and Theoden.

"Open war is upon you. Whether you would risk it or not." stated Aragorn.

"When last I looked, Theoden, not Aragorn, was king of Rohan."

"then what is the kings decision?" asks Gandalf......

.....

"helms deep! They flee to the mountains when they should stand and fight. Who will defend them if not their king." grumbles Gimli.

"He's only doing what he thinks is best for his people. Helm's Deep has saved them in the past" says Aragorn as we enter the stable.

"There is no way out of that ravine. Theoden is walking into a trap. He thinks he's leading them to safety. What they will get is a massacre. Theoden has a strong will but I fear for him. I fear for the survival of Rohan. He will need both you and Luna before the end, Aragorn. The people of Rohan will need you both. The defenses HAVE to hold."

"they will hold" says Aragorn.

Gandalf turns to me, "Luna you are vital for the survival of many people of Rohan, be ready"

"I will be, I promise" He turns to Shadowfax and strokes him.

"The Grey Pilgrim... that's what they used to call me. Three hundred lives of men I've walked this earth and now I have no time. With luck, my search will not be in vain. Look to my coming at first light on the fifth day. At dawn, look to the East."

Gandalf rides out of the stables making Legolas hold me around the waist as we jump back out of his way. Aragorn and Gimli are both smirking at Legolas and I as his arm is still around my waist, Legolas looks at me before looking at Aragorn and Gimli with a nod.

"I am happy for you both" says Aragorn as he claps Legolas's shoulder.

"I hope you are happy my lady" says Gimli.

"very happy Gimli" I smile and hug him.