A knock at my door woke me, I could see the sun had set which meant the battle was soon to begin. 

"one minute" I called out to who ever was at the door. I dressed in my fighting gear and pinned my hair up and out of the way.

 I dressed in my fighting gear and pinned my hair up and out of the way

(gear and hair)

I opened the door and saw Legolas standing there, he smiled and I let him come in

"how are you feeling?" he asked.

I sighed, "nervous and a little bit scared" I admitted.

I walked over to the small balcony attached to my room and watched the men scramble underneath, soon a lot of these men would be dead. A small tear left my eye. I felt Legolas wrapped his arms around me and hold me against him, my back to his chest.

"it will be alright Nin ithil"

I turned in his arms to face him, his face looked calm but I could see the worry in his eyes.

"Legolas promise me you will try not to die, I could not bear the thought" I whisper into his chest.

He placed his knuckle under my chin and lifted my head to look at him.

"I promise, but you must promise too"

"I promise"

He leaned down and kissed me, it was a soft kiss at first but it soon deepened and we kissed like it would be our last. A horn sounded and broke our kiss but it was no orc horn, we both nodded and after grabbing my weapons ran out the room. We run down to the battlements and guards are yelling to 'send for the king' and to 'open the gate'. An army of Lothlorien elves strode through the gates in perfect formation, they stop in front of the king with Haldir leading them.

"How is this possible?" asked Theoden.

"I bring word from Elrond of Rivendell. An alliance once existed between Elves and men. Long ago we fought and died together." He looks up to see Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli and I running down the steps, and smiles, "We come to honor that allegiance."