Act I: Overcast (Part 1)

NOTICE: Welcome to Sailor Moon Silver Legacy by @TEZofAllTrades on Wattpad.com! If you're reading this message on another website, my work has been reproduced without permission. Please support the original on Wattpad.

Ever wished there were more episodes/volumes of Sailor Moon after the Sailor Stars arc? This story is a faithful continuation of the classic 90s anime with some extra added details taken from other iterations of the franchise. Since we've all grown up a bit since then, the characters have too, and the story has a gritty edge to it. If you're looking for mystery, drama, and ass-kicking super heroines, you've come to the right place! Enjoy!

P.S. The Sailor Moon SubReddit voted for the Japanese names to be used (without honorifics). Some are very similar anyway e.g. Raye = Rei, Amy = Ami... That said, I always loved the Western theme song, so here it is to get you in the mood!

"Doctor! Oh, doctor, please!" a woman pleaded desperately

"Doctor! Oh, doctor, please!" a woman pleaded desperately. "It's my husband, you see. He badly cut himself and we've been waiting for hours—"

"I'm not a doctor," Ami Mizuno corrected the woman coldly before continuing on her way. She despised these occasional calls for consults in the hospital's ER for this very reason. People would spot her white lab coat and just assume that she was a medical doctor. Well, she wasn't! That particular career path had only ever been a pipe dream—the foolish pursuit of an idealistic child. No, she had grown out of that phase a long time ago.

Ami was a scientist, a celebrated one at that, working in the university hospital's research wing, where she led a small team. Despite her young age, she had made several high-profile discoveries, her research papers were well-received, and she had even profited from the sale of an ingenious and wildly popular wrist-worn communication device design. All in all, she had become something of a prized commodity for the hospital.

It was days like these, though, when Ami regretted her choice of employment. She found the idea of having to remove her coat in certain areas of the hospital to avoid being mistaken for a doctor vexing. After all, it was her glasses that she wore on a chain around her neck, not a stethoscope! Still, as she arrived at the ER reception desk, she couldn't help wondering whether she may have been short with the woman from before. Now, she had a pang of guilt to contend with on top of everything else, which only vexed her further.

"I was called for a consult with Dr. Sato," Ami informed the receptionist.

"Ah, Dr. Mizuno, thanks for coming," said a young, male doctor within earshot enthusiastically. He was a short man with slicked back hair and an eager grin, clutching a clipboard. "I'm having trouble diagnosing a patient's infection, and I read your recent article about the treatment of rare viral cases. I wondered whether it might be related?"