Chapter 18

And To Those in My Memories

_____________________________________

​​​​​​

Nothing.

Absolute nothing.

You couldn't move, not an arm, not a leg, not a single finger.

The darkness expanded forever, and at the same time not at all. It swallowed every sense, and your thoughts were the only thing that gave any sign of life. Even if you were able to open your eyes, there was no light that peeked through the ever-growing darkness.

Where am I..? What... was I doing again?

In the dark that you floated forever, you finally felt something. A ringing went through your head, pain seeping into your brain. You wanted so badly to yell out, but you were paralyzed numb.

What..? Who.. Who is that?

An image sketched into your mind, but you couldn't put a finger on their names. They were blurred, and you couldn't make out their faces. Something blocked your mind from seeing them completely. A little boy, glowing blue and a tall man emitting black. He held a child glowing orange. They all reached out to you, an arms length away from touching. You tried to meet their hands, but your arms would not move.

Come on.. Come on! Who are you!?

You strained every muscle in your mind and body.

Just.. move..! MOVE!

With pained screams in your mind, your arm raised towards the people. With a white hot fire burning, your fingertips grabbed onto their hands.

Their forms flowed away like smoke, and in the place of their outstretched palms were two, yellow buttons floating in the air. When the people disappeared, your body fell onto hard ground. You gasped, drinking in gulps of air. Heaving, your senses returned to you. Your arms shook, and your legs were crumpled beneath you.

After getting oxygen into your system, you raised your head to the only light in the dark void. Two buttons presented themselves to you.

[CONTINUE] [RESET]

"What? Continue? .. Reset?"

Your voice sounded hoarse from non-use, and you suddenly wondered how long you had been floating in the void of darkness.

How did I get here? God, my head hurts like hell.. I feel like.. I'm forgetting something.

sOMeOnE?

With a pained yell, you gripped your head as sweat came from your forehead. Images flashed through, of a tall man. He wore a white coat, and turtle necks of various colours. Memories came and went, leaving you with tears in what you started to remember.

______

I looked at it confused, and it looked like Asgore was going to say something but was interrupted by a smooth, professional-like deep voice behind me.

"I hope I'm not interrupting something?" I turn around to see white pin pricks.

"Oh, you must be the human their highness' were talking about. Hello. I am W.D. Gaster, the Royal Scientist."

______

Another wave of pain wracked through your body, and more people, no, monsters, were remembered. They wouldn't stop, like a movie played in your mind with no pause.