24 - A favor

^^Banc of California Stadium

Lillian's POV

The rest of the week passed in a blur. Andrew and Ben made up, the clichés were back to normal, and so did Chloe, Toby, and I.

On Tuesday, Principal Morgan called all of us into her office. Brittany went inside and after five minutes, she came out with Principal Morgan and she dismissed the rest of us without even saying anything. I wondered what magic Brittany did on her. Every chance I got, I avoided the clichés and after all those secrets it was finally a peaceful week.

On Saturday around eleven in the morning, I was in my room doing my homework when my mom knocked on my door.

"Yes?" I asked without looking up from my work and didn't get any response. My brows knitted in confusion, and I glanced up to see my mom opening and closing her mouth like a fish. "Mom?"

"There's a hot boy..." she uttered.

"Excuse me?" I tilted my head.

"There's a hot boy downstairs..." she whispered, pointing down.

"Mom..." I groaned. "I know that you and Dad are in love and it's cute, but can you not call him like that in front of me-"

"No." she shrieked, shaking her head. "I know your dad is hot, but there's a boy..." She blinked in disbelief. "And he's looking for you."

Dad is at work, so who is she talking about?

"Mom... Are you drunk?"

"What?" she snapped out of her trace. "I'm not a drunk young lady and there is a handsome young man downstairs looking for you."

"Who?" I asked, and she scratched her head.

"I forget to ask his name."

I sighed and got up from my bed. Following my mom, I went downstairs and saw Ben in the living room.

"Ben?" I called, getting his attention. "What are you doing here?"

"I need to talk to you about something..." He eyed my mom, who was listening intently. "... alone..."

"Oh, of course." Mom let out a nervous laugh. "Why don't you take him to your room, Lillian." She glanced at me with her twinkling eyes. "I'll bring you guys something to eat."

"No need for that, Mrs. Smith." Ben gave her his charming smile. "I'll be quick."

"Take as much time as you need dear." Mom giggled, like a teen girl.

"Let's go upstairs." I grabbed his arm and took him upstairs before she embarrassed herself.

"Your mom's cute." Ben chuckled.

"You're not the first one to think that," I mumbled, thinking of Andrew's encounter with my parents. "How did you find where I live?"

"I have my ways." He shrugged and plopped on my bed. "You were doing homework?" He questioned, picking up my book. "Who does homework? It's the weekend you should enjoy it."

"I'm enjoying it," I said, snatching my books from him. "Now tell me, what are you doing here?"

"I need a favor." He sat looking seriously at me.

"What?" I asked, putting my books away.

"You remember my birthday..." I nodded my head.

"How can I forget the day I got spiked?"

"Yeah..." He trailed off. "Ok, so this happened. Every year Andrew gifts me tickets to the football season matches..."

"Wait... Toby also gave you those tickets."