15 - Devilish smile

^^Ballroom

Lillian’s POV

The weekend was hard for me to spend. I couldn’t concentrate on my homework or anything else because David’s secret kept bothering me all the time. I wanted to tell Tiana so much about him and how he was using her but I couldn’t take the risk of him finding out and no wonder what he’ll do after that. I didn’t even know exactly what was going on between their families and why he needed to date Tiana for four years without loving her.

And that wasn’t the only thing that kept bugging me. I couldn’t get Andrew’s smile out of my brain. I was so stunned when he smiled at me and couldn’t control my dumbfounded reaction at the diner.

I was used to his eagle-gawking eyes at me and frowns on his face. When I bumped into him at the diner, I thought he would insult me or call me blind for stepping in his way, but when his lips stretched into a charming smile, my mind went blank.

I stood there like a dumbhead and watched him as I tried to comprehend what was going on, and nothing made sense. I didn’t mean to sound rude when I excused myself, but I was confused and didn’t know what to do. The entire time we ate I felt his gaze on me, which was like his usual thing to do and I still haven’t figured out why he always does that.

After eating at the diner, everyone was getting ready to go to the after-party, and I thought of skipping it. I was glad when Chloe said no too because otherwise, she would have forced me. I was exhausted, and it wasn’t my thing to be outside all day. I always spent my time in my room with my books and doing nothing.

On Monday at school, the whole student body kept gossiping over the game and the upcoming fundraiser, which was on the weekend. Nate and the student council started working on the preparations and they were gathering volunteers for it. I thought of joining them but backed out because I wasn’t sure if I’d be any help to them.

After classes, I was at my locker with Chloe getting the books needed for the assignment our professor gave us to do.

“Thank God the cheerleading practice got easy after the game ended.” Chloe sighed in relief and leaned her back to the locker beside mine. “Now we don’t have to do it every day.”

“I thought you enjoyed it?”

“I enjoy it but my muscles ache. Tiana and Brittany make us work out so much.” She groaned and I couldn’t focus on what she was saying because the name Tiana made my stomach clench in guilt.

I didn’t know Tiana that well and never got the chance to talk to her before. She’s Brittany’s friend, and she seems just like her, but no girl deserves to be deceived by her boyfriend.

“Hello!” Chloe snapped her fingers in front of me. “Where did you go?” She asked, cutting my train of thoughts.

“Nowhere...” I mumbled and ducked my head.

“Seriously, what were you thinking? You looked like you were solving a math problem.” Chloe raised her brows at me, and I knew she wouldn’t let it go until I tell her.

“I was thinking about...” I stretched the words to think of something and blurted the first name that came to my mind. “Andrew.” My eyes widened when I uttered his name.

Why did I say his name?!

“Why are you thinking about Andrew?” Chloe asked, tilting her head with her brows furrowed in confusion.

“I was just...” I swallowed hard and licked my lips. “He’s a weird guy, isn’t he?”

“Huh?” Chloe’s face scrunched. “I uh... don’t know. I mean he’s hot, and every girl likes him.” Chloe shrugged, then added. “Though he’s not my type. You already know who is.” She bit her lip, and I found the topic to divert her attention.