32 - Singletines (2)

Lillian's POV

I stood coldly humiliated in front of everyone as Brittany and Ben fought with Fiona and her friends. Everyone was recording the scene created in front of them on their phones.

"I'm confused," Toby blinked his eyes as he watched them.

"Shouldn't Ben be breaking Drew's bones instead of defending him?" Madeleine muttered to Jordan, who was scratching his head.

"I don't know."

"I'm still trying to grasp that Andrew asked Lillian out," Chloe murmured.

"I thought I was the slow one," Louis whispered. "Good to know I'm on the same page with everyone."

Our attention turned back to Brittany when she said. "It was a prank for him to ask a nerd out. Right Drew."

I knew it.

Of course, it was a prank.

Andrew asked me out was too good to be true and, as she said, I wasn't his type. I was glad that I say no to him but was confused that why would he do that to me. I thought we became friends after our dispute at the beginning of the year.

I didn't know why, but my eyes became teary and when I peeked at Andrew, I saw him already looking at me. If he says yes to Brittany, then I'll be the laughingstock of West High.

"He doesn't have to answer that," Ben interrupted, looking at me.

"Yes, he does. He needs to clear this to everyone here." She spun around. "I'm sure everyone is interested to know the truth."

"Brittany, it wasn't a prank." Ben snapped at her and stopped defending his best friend, knowing he had to choose between me and him.

"Then how do you explain him asking her out?" She snorted. "And please don't say that he likes her-"

"I do like her." Andrew intervened, and a loud gasp echoed throughout the room.

"Excuse me?" Brittany tilted her head.

"I like Lillian and I asked her to be Valentine." He answered, darting his eyes at me. "It wasn't a prank or a dare or anything else like that. I asked her out because I have feelings for her."

My jaw dropped, and my eyes widened when he said that.

He has feelings for me?!

"What the f**k?" Madeleine shrieked.

"Is he on drugs?" Toby looked around while Louis, Jordan, and Chloe watched Andrew with their mouths hanging open.

Is he for real?

"Are you for real?" Brittany said my thoughts out loud.

"Yes." He bobbed his head, jamming his hands in his pockets. "I can't say how or when, but I like her. And it's also true that she rejected me as you all can see in the video there." He gestured towards the projector. Everyone went silent and watched between us, making me shrink.

"I wish I was this confident to confess my love," Chloe murmured.

"You are just going to admit it?" Fiona raised her brows.

"Yes. And now that I know what rejection feels like. I'm sorry for you all." He put his hand on his heart. "But I can't help you with anything because I felt nothing towards you guys."

"This is absurd!" Fiona's friend screamed. "This isn't how this was supposed to happen!"

"Sad to know you didn't get the drama." Ben gestured towards the door. "It's enough for the day. You three can leave now."