42 - Spring Break (3)

^^Patio

Lillian's POV

"Dude, flip the f**k already!"

"I'm trying!"

"You're burning it!"

"Let me do it on my own!"

"And let you starve us to death! Not happening!"

I chucked as I watched David, Louis, and Jordan struggling to flip the patty on the grill and they kept breaking it. It was Wednesday dusk, and we were having a barbeque party on the outdoor patio of the beach house.

We visited the town in the morning and spent our whole day touring it. We also went for groceries shopping and purchased meat, drinks, snacks, and other ingredients for the barbeque.

Nate was inside with Madeleine, Chloe, and Brittany making desserts. Ben, Toby, and Andrew were setting the lights for the night. The remaining boys were cooking meat... More like in a war to flip the patty while Tiana and I were setting the table.

I glanced at the ocean and see the sun dawning. It looked like the sea was swallowing the light and the view was-

"Beautiful isn't it?" I turned to see Tiana looking at the sun too, with a sweet smile on her face.

"Yeah..." I returned her smile.

"It feels good to be here." She said, placing the plates on the table. "Peaceful, with no worry about the world or life." I nodded my head in agreement. "Wish I could stay here forever."

"Me too," I murmured, arranging the spoons and knives.

"I'm keeping." She said out of the blue. My head whirled towards her in a snap, and I felt my neck crack.

"What?" I gaped at her.

"I'm keeping it." She repeated, looking down at her stomach. "And not because you said so or whatever..." She narrowed her eyes at me. "Because I want it."

"I'm glad to know." I beamed.

"I just..." she sighed, rubbing her stomach. "It made me think... My family can take care of a baby and my mama always wanted to be a grandmother... Well, not this early." She chuckled.

"Did you tell your parents?"

"No..." She shook her head. "Not yet. I'm still thinking of how to drop the boom on them and I'm not worried about myself. I'm nervous about Pop and what he'll do to David."

"I'm sure it won't be something he doesn't deserve," I said nonchalantly.

"Why do you hate him so much?" She asked, tilting her head.

"I don't hate him. I... Don't like him." She blinked at me as I shrugged.

"I know he acts all horrible and macho man but he's not a bad guy." She glimpsed at him.

I followed her gaze and saw Jordan, David, and Louis fighting with each other. David doesn't look like he could do you any harm and is a type of goofy, but what he did with Tiana was not good, either.

I opened and closed my mouth, debating if I should tell her instead she spoke first.

"I'll go help them." With that, she walked away towards the struggling guys.

They beamed when they saw Tiana and asked her to assist with it. Tiana took the spatula and showed them how to do it. I turned around and continued when decorating the table. When I was almost done, I heard an irritating voice from behind.

"What did you tell her?"

"I didn't tell her anything, David," I answered without looking at him.

"Don't lie." He growled, standing next to me. "I saw you two talking."