Coffee and Crushes

I promise you babies, this is where coolkid comes in. For real. As a romantic interest. But again, I am taking it SLOWLY!!

Sorry. ^^

I don't have much else to say, so just enjoy!

(Quick warning: Language.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Taking the stairs two at a time was not only quicker, but it gave [F/n] the exercise that she probably needed. She sat around the apartment more than she should, what with the not having many friends and all. She got out sometimes by herself, but it was usually boring and admittedly not that safe.

She arrived at the door of apartment 522. Turning the key in the lock, she took a quick glance down the empty hallway before gratefully stepping inside. She clicked the lock behind herself. Her bookbag and boots were immediately lost to the carpeted floor. She slid down the door, finding her way to a comfortable seating position. She sighed out loud. First day, over. Just about half a year left to go.

She made her way to the kitchen and grabbed the milk from the fridge. The cereal cabinet was almost empty; she put that on her mental shopping list. Eventually, she settled for the last of the Fruit Loops and grabbed a spoon. She didn't bother putting the dirty dishes in the dishwasher. With only one person in the house, it would take a while for dishes to accumulate, and she wanted to relax.

Her next destination was her room. She wanted to change and go check out the café/bookstore she saw down the road from her building. She removed her hoodie, leaving her arms exposed in the tank top. With a glance in her mirror, she sighed. She didn't like showing her bare skin. Sure, there was definitely an element of insecurity, but there was a deep-seated anxiety behind it, too. She just... didn't like her body very much.

She discarded the skinny jeans and replaced them with pink leggings. After tugging them up and around her waist, she pulled out her phone and turned on the playlist. 'This Circle' by Paramore began when she hit the Shuffle button. She smiled, singing along as she sifted through her shirts to find something to match the leggings, returning with a huge black sweater.

(A/N If Reader-chan does not like pink... deal with it. It makes your sweet-punk self look kawaii.

She slipped on a pair of black boots and a pink beanie. Grabbing her wallet and phone, she began to exit the premises. After plugging a pair of headphones into the phone, of course. Gotta get that Paramore.

(A/N If Reader-chan does not like Paramore, get out of my fanfiction. Nah, just kidding. Pretend it's something else. :3)

She walked out and locked the door just as the song changed to My Chemical Romance's 'I'm Not Okay.' Well, close enough to her current feels, she supposed, as this day had started taking a turn for the worse.

(A/N If you don't like MCR... ah, who am I kidding? Everybody loves Gerard. *licks lips*)

Though it had been better than she expected. In fact, before the whole 'walking-home' incident, she'd give the day a B+ overall. And if her trip to the café went well, it might even go up to an A. Optimism wasn't usually her thing, but she was excited about this little exploration trip. She was in a genuinely good mood.

She really needed to learn to not jinx things by thinking positively about them.

As she turned the corner to the staircase, she almost ran face-first into the sharp edge of... a katana?

Before she even bothered pausing to assess the situation, [F/n] screeched. Loudly. Oops..?

"Shit," someone mumbled as [F/n] backed away hastily. She stumbled and fell backward onto the carpet floor of the hallway, breathing heavily.