Epilogue

- Reyna -

Reyna had never much believed in happy endings. Nothing had changed really.

Nothing except Jason Grace.

Jason Grace in her arms. The taste of him on her lips. The smell of him wherever she went. Jason Grace holding her when her stubborn tears finally fell. Jason Grace waking early to find them breakfast. Jason Grace in her nightmares and then, when she awoke, beside her.

Maybe this - the city of Split at sunrise, a strip of sun bright on Jason's cheek - was as close to real happiness as she would ever get.

It was weeks later when she finally asked Jason the question that had been lingering in her mind. They were sitting on the roof of a hotel watching the sun slip away. The light painted them in shades of gold.  

"Do you ever think about what would have happened if you'd stayed with the others? Joined the Greeks?" She asked. 

Jason paused for a moment before replying with a question of his own. "Do you ever think about what you would have done?" 

Reyna shook her head. She didn't like to dwell on the past if she could help it. 

"You probably would've saved the world," Jason said. 

Reyna laughed and then shrugged, "Probably." 

Jason's eyes matched the colour of the sea as the sun sunk into it. 

She leaned closer, "Do you ever think about what would have happened if you hadn't remembered me?"

"I could never forget you. As long as I live." 

She believed him. 

***

A/N

hi everyone! 

i know this is short but i found this epilogue in one of my journals as i was cleaning today, and i think it was meant to be a part of this story. i hope you like it :) 

thank you so much for reading! hope everyone is doing well <3