17

The next few weeks were fun... if fun now meant almost unbearable. Everyday, i had someone ask me about my sex life, though the boys were getting questioned too.

The up-side was that we didn't have to sneak around anymore; everyone now knew Lando and i lived together. More drama came with less lies, which in a way was easier.

It also made it so that i didn't have to explain at the next race why i strinted to the McLaren garage during Q3. (i cried. then cried more bc george)

I insisted on traveling to the hospital with him, though John didn't mind anyway. He let everybody know what was going on, and we got into the ambulance. It was just before we got to the hospital that we were cheering for George, as we'd watched the rest of the session on the way there.

He had his x-ray and thankfully nothing was broken, just bruised. He should be fine for the race tomorrow, just needs to rest up.

We made our way back to the track and wemt straight to George, congratulating him on his absolutely smashing lap.

"That was one of the best laps i've ever seen, well done!" i hugged him.

"Thank you so much, i'm buzzing!" he smiled then turned to Lando, "how are you doing? What did the hospital say?"

"Just bruised, got this brace for now, but i'll be fine for tomorrow. But congrats on P2, you did fucking amazing!"

They hugged it out, and i could see the happiness between them. We were both, and i assume everyone was, so proud of Mr Saturday. He finally got a qualifying result that he really deserved.

After i did a quick interview with Lando, we headed home. Zak Brown told him he shouldn't really drive home quite yet, because of his arm, so he somehow convinced Lando to let me drive.

All went well, and we got home in one piece despite his worry of me driving his precious car.

Once we got home, i made sure he rested as much as possible. I didn't want him injuring himself further; we at least wanted him in the grid the next day.

---

The next day, however, didn't really work out for him. P15 on the grid due to a gearbox change resulted in a P15 finish and therefore no points. George, though, ended the day in P2 after the couple of laps behind the safety car.

He deserved it. No matter how bullshit the rules seemed, i was happy to see George finally on the podium!

A few of us all made sure to celebrate later that night. After going home to get ready, we met up in our little local bar. The paps made sure to get pictures of me getting out of Lando's car, just to confirm that we live together, and followed us as much as possible throughout the night. I saw the flashes of cameras when i hugged each of the drivers tp say hello, but ignored the pointless snaps.

We made our way inside, Geprge buying thr first round of drinks, and myself buying the first roumd of shots.

There was another round of shots - at least one each - whenever we got new drinks, and i was drunk fairly quickly.

I remembered the next couple of bars we'd gone to, then the rest of the night was a blur of music, dancing and more drinking.

---

I woke up with a dull headache the next day. Though i felt around for my phone, i couldn't find it at all. Instead, i felt a body next to mine. My eyes shot open, shit. Wait, where the fuck was i?

I didn't recognise the room around me, i was just thankful i was semi-clothed. It wasn't my own but it was clothing; i wasn't sure who's shirt i was wearing, but it was paired only with my underwear.

I slowly creeped out of the bed, tiptoeing toward the door,  that's when i realised who's bed it was.

George Russell lay fast asleep in the bed i'd just woken up in.