3

I saw Lando's eyes flicker down to my neck and look back at me as if to say it's still there, as i introduced him.

I gave him a look of of course it is, they couldn't cover it, as i spoke, then looked toward the cameras, "Lando Norris, the 21 year old driver, has just beaten a record this past weekend! Most consecutive finishes in the points for McLaren, absolutely smashing Fernando Alonso's record of 14, and i'm sure we'll keep seeing it in future races. He's also the only driver to have earned points in every single race this season!"

"Lando, how does that feel?" i looked back at him, holding the microphone toward him.

"Incredible! Just amazing, i've had such an amazing team and i'm proud of them all," he smiled as he looked at me then into the camera, "i really do hope i can keep it up!"

The rest of the interviews went well, however one driver, who had always been a bit of a flirt with me, did mention the bruising.

"...led almost every lap this past weekend and a problem with the car led to absolute heartbreak for him and his team," i started, "and if i'm going to be honest, myself too, as i rooting for him. Charles Lecerc!"

He waved a hello to the cameras and i smiled at him, "how do you feel about the result?"

He sighed, "obviously not the best, i thought we were going to have it but with my car i just couldn't stop him getting past me. As you said i led almost every lap once the restart happened, but P2 is still a good result for the team, so i am happy with my performance yesterday."

"It was a great race to watch.." i started, but he didn't let me finish.

"I'd have thought you skipped the race to go do something else instead," he smirked, brows raising teasingly as he reached a hand up and his fingers traced the marks.

I had to hide my smirk as i internally cursed him, "that always comes second to the race, Charles, don't you worry."

---

"Did you really have to mention that on tv?" i glared at Charles a little later on, though it was hard not to smirk at him.

He shrugged, "you can't exactly ignore it, can you? Who did it, anyways?"

I bit my lip, shaking my head as my lips curved into the smirk i was trying to avoid. "That's nome of your business," i crossed my arms, "don't bother trying to find out."

"I'm already on it."

---

"What did Charles say when you spoke to him before?" Lando asked once we were both home.

"Trying to figure out who did it. It's a good job he doesn't know i live with you."

"Yeah it is," he said slowly, "but i might've fucked up today."

My eyes shot up to look at him, "what did you do?"

"George and Carlos were talking about it, trying to guess who it was. I just shrugged like i didn't care but George was convinced i knew who did it," he bit his lip, looking guilty, "and you know i'm a terrible liar."

"You fucking told him?" i raised a brow.

"I tried to deny it but he saw through it and so did Carlos. You spoke to both of them afterwards though, when you were talking about tomorrow."

Tomorrow. Shit. Tomorrow was when i was going to be hanging out at the Williams garage, and i had no idea what was actually going to happen apart from George driving me around Silverstone in a brand new Mercedes. There was going to be me, with George, and another reporter, Luke, with Nicholas.

"I'm spending practically the whole day tomorrow locked in a car with George Russell," i glared at him. "How the fuck am i supposed to do that when he knows we fucked?!"

"It won't be too bad, he's not that much of an arse," he said defensively.

---

Lando was right, George was a sweetheart, but we had a few laps around the track before the cameras were put in the car and he took that time to talk to me about it.

"Um, Yn?"

"Yeah?" i looked over at him.

"I feel like you should know that i know," he said slowly, "i got it out of Lando yesterday and i shouldn't have pressed him about it, i'm sorry."

I sighed, "thank you for telling me. He did warn me about it though, apparently Carlos knows too and i'm hoping it stays that way."

"Well, i won't be telling anybody about it, even if i wanted to, Lando threatened me," he laughed.

"Good," i chuckled.

---

After the mini race we had, Luke, my colleague sat with Nicholas and i sat with George at a table. "It's a battle of the countries! Two canadians versus two brits, who will win?!" he announced dramatically.

"Us," i claimed, looking up at George confidently, "we already won the race, Lukey!"

"That's only half the challenge," he smirked as he got the question cards from under the table.

"First question," he read the first card, "who did that to your neck?"

I glared at him as he smirked, "is this all just a ploy to try and find out who i slept with?"

He laughed, "they can cut this part out, don't worry, i'm just curious."

"Everyone is, but no one is finding out!" i laughed.

He noticed a smirk on George's face as he stayed quiet, and narrowed his eyes at him, "it wasn't... was it? Did you-?"

"What, George?" i chuckled, though George's laughter convinced Luke that he was right.

"You fucked George Russell, didn't you?" Luke asked later on.

"Behave, of course i didn't fuck George Russell," i laughed, "i would, but i didn't."