𝟐𝟓. 𝐎𝐡𝐢𝐨

Still Chris' POV

- One Year Later -

Yesterday was our two year anniversary. Time flew by, and we've been having such a great time together. We're happy, still together and watching Cap grow more and more every day. After a long time of thinking about it, I decided to fly over to Ohio today.

I told Amelia that I'm going to Italy for some big interview about Marvel, but that was one big lie. I'm actually going to Ohio to see her parents, on my own. It's not just because I like being around her family, but it's also because I want to ask her dad a pretty big question. I want to ask him, if I can ask Amelia to marry me.

It's a huge step, but I know that we're going to grow old together. It's been two years since we got into a real relationship, but if you know, you know. We've talked about marriage a lot, we both want it, with each other. I grab my bags, and place them in my car before saying goodbye.

I get back inside, kiss and hug her and the dogs goodbye, and drive off. I also brought two of the shields with me, as gifts to Miles and her dad. I'm hoping to make a good impression on him, especially. He's eventually the one that has to say yes or no, and I know know if I will survive if he won't let me marry her.

I arrive at their house in Ohio a few hours later, and knock on the door. "Hey Chris! It's so good to see you!" her mom cheers, giving me a big hug. "It's great to see you too, Mrs. Morgan! It's been way too long" I reply. "Always, sweetie. Come in! Where's Amelia?" she asks as I walk in, with nobody behind me.

"Oh, um, she's not here" I reply with a smile, making her smiles as well. She nods her head, like she already knows what's going on, so I smile again. I love her, she's an amazing woman and very loving towards me. I'm glad we have that bond together.

"Hey Cap!" I hear Miles cheer as he runs towards me. "Hey buddy!" I happily add, and he jumps into my arms. "It's been so long! I missed you!" he cheers again, making me laugh. "I missed you too, buddy" I reply, and I put him down again. After greeting Sierra and her dad, Miles, him and I take a little walk outside. Her mom insisted on it, I think she knows what's going on.

After a long walk through Ohio, we get back to the house. "Hold on, I got you both something" I say, and I open the trunk of my car. I take two round presents out, and hand them over. "Thanks! What is it?" Miles asks. "You'll find out in a second, buddy" I reply with a smile. They both open it, and start cheering.

"Oh my God, is this- oh yes it is!" he dad cheers, immediately giving me a hug. Miles gives me a hug as well, and they both thank me a hundred times. "I thought you'd like one" I say, making them laugh. "Hey Chris, why isn't Amelia here?" her dad asks after cheering for a while longer.

"Um, she um, well she had a thing... It was um, some work thing" I nervously reply, scratching the back of my neck. "It's not, right? You're here for another reason, right? Maybe to ask me something?" her dad asks. Miles widens his eyes, also knowing what's going on.

I could lie to them right now, but I think they both already know what's about to happen. "Yeah..." I reply, looking at my feet. "I'll tell you something, Chris" he adds, placing his hand on my shoulder. I'm getting more and more nervous by the moment of silence he creates.

"I've never seen two people being more in love than you and Amelia, I really adore it. I want her to be happy, with the right guy, which you definitely are. You treat her well, the way she should be treated and mostly even better than that. I trust you, I love you and I think you are the one for my daughter. Now go ahead, and ask your question" he tells with a bright smile on his face.