𝟐𝟑. 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐫

Chris' POV

It feels weird to leave her behind on our one year anniversary, but it's for a good cause. Today, I'm picking up her gift. Also, I'm getting a new tattoo she doesn't know about. She always leaves me these little notes when she's going to the store or something when I'm still asleep.

I took her note, the one she left me today, and I'm getting her words tattooed. "I love you". I really hope she doesn't mind, but at least it's not her name I'm getting on my body, permanently. I just feel like she's the one for me, that I'm going to be with her for ever.

The present I have for her is deeply embarrassing, compared to her gift for me. I got her a silver necklace with diamonds, forming a little 'C'. I also got her a car, but you know, it's not a fucking puppy! One year ago, on her birthday, I gave her a butterfly necklace. She always wears it, day and night, just like the butterfly ring I gave her when I asked her to be my girlfriend in Spain.

When I picked up the keys to the car and the necklace, I make my way to the tattoo shop. I have a few other tattoos, but I really need this one as well. "Chris! Hey man, come in" my buddy Shane tells. He works at the tattoo shops, and he gave me all of my previous ones.

"So, what can I do for you today?" he asks as I sit down on the chair. "Yeah, I want a new tattoo on my forearm, the inside" I reply. "Cool, but that's very viable, you know that right? I mean, you always said that you didn't want tattoos you'd immediately see" he adds, so I nod my head.

"Yeah, I know, but this one is special. Here, could you do this one?" I ask, handing over the piece of paper she wrote on. He stays silent for a moment as he looks at it. "I'm a little confused here, who wrote this?" he asks, frowning as he looks back at me.

"My um... My girlfriend did. It's our one year anniversary today" I reply. He widens his eyes and smiles bright. "A girlfriend, huh? That's great Chris, is she a good one?" he asks, shaving and cleaning that part of my arm.

"Yeah, she definitely is. I don't reply we're ever gonna break up" I say, feeling like I'm on cloud 9. "I see, you look like you're really in love with this girl. What's her name?" he asks again. "Amelia" I reply. "Morgan? Or..." Shane adds, looking very curious.

"Yeah, but we met way before we started Knives Out" I tell, so he nods his head. "I already thought you two seemed cute together in those interviews" he adds, making me softly laugh.

"She's great, really. She's so... I don't even know how to explain it, you know? She's everything to me, this is the girl I'm gonna be marrying some day, I know it" I tell, while I'm thinking about my beautiful, amazing girlfriend who's waiting for me at home. Our home.

"She does sound great, man. Have you talked about marriage? Or, kids someday?" he asks in reply to my story. "Yes, we've talked about it a lot. We feel the same way about the future, we totally agree on things like marriage and kids" I explain.

"Oh, that's amazing! So um, why don't you just ask her then?" he asks again, but I frown. "We've been together for a year, that's not that long right? Besides, I don't even know if she's ready to settle like that yet" I reply, getting a little nervous.

"Does she love you?" Shane asks, and it makes me think. She does, she absolutely does and I'm a hundred percent sure about it. "Yes, yes she does" I tell, feeling more confident than ever. "I believe that. I think you should do it, but whenever you want" he adds, and I nod my head.

After almost an hour of sitting in the chair, the tattoo is done. He lets me look, and I fall in love with it. "I love it, thanks man" I say, shaking his hand. He thanks me for coming, so I pay and get back home with the gifts.