books.

one thing no one knew about yelena, was her love for book. coloring, reading, cooking, learning, yelena looked books. you had selves on selves in the apartment filled with every type of book you could think off.

yelena was always bringing home new ones she found interesting. this however didnt bother you. you thought it was quite cute to always see the spy with a book in her hand. yelena loved it when you would also give interest in to the books, or whatever she was reading at the time. with this came long talks about the book, characters, plot, or movie if there was one that was based off the book. 

however yelena's been on a mission for 4 months and you rarely get to talk to her, so the way you can feel close to her is reading the collection of books your blonde russian has collected through out the relationship. you would finish one of her books in a week,since it made you feel close to her. you would write down notes from your favorite parts or questions to had. mainly just to ask them to yelena when she gets back. you found more comfort in reading then sleeping in her tshirts did at night. you couldn't wait for yelena to get back so you could have these long books talks till the sun rises.

(time skip)

3 months gone by with yelena never coming back home and you still find comfort in her books. re reading her favorites and still writing ideas down to go tell her. just as you finished yelena's all time favorite "we were lairs" you also had a list of thoughts to ask you beloved blonde.

as you pulled up to the forest when yelena and natasha both lay, you sat there for a while wondering how you went from have hour long conversations, to talking to a stone. 

once you finally got to the place when your lover and bestfriend lay, you put down a blanket and the newsiest book you just finished. "hey lena hi nat" you say sitting in front of the two tombstones. "i read your favorite again yel, i can tell why you loved it so much." you said holding the book in your hands. "i read a new book too im sure you would of loved, theres a movie for it too but you never liked books turned into movies." you giggled at the sentence. "i miss you, both of you." you paused as a tear rolled down your cheek. "i know i should move on but its hard when the people you loved most die at the same time." you say practical sobbing now. "everything i do, i-i do for you two. im taking care of fanny, i go see clint more then we use too, im trying to save the girls that were under control by the red room." you say smiling though the tears. 

you sit there for a little longer. reminiscing on life before they left. however as the sunsets you realize you should probably head back to your apartment. as you get up to leave you grab your blanket and kiss the tops of the tombstones. "i love you baby, love you too natty." walking away leaving the questions and book behind.

once you get back home, your greeted with fanny at the door. you pet the excited dog and place your keys on the counter. you walk in to your living room and are greeted with yelena's collection and realize what your gonna have to do someday, that day not being today.