《T H I R T Y》

《CHAPTER THIRTY》

《WARNINGS: !MANGA SPOILER FOR CHAPTER 147! CHARACTER DEATH, ANGST》

——————

ON 15 NOVEMBER 2020, A MESSAGE WAS SENT TO ALL KNOWN SORCERERS REGARDING THE WHEREABOUTS OF GOJO SATORU AND HIS COMPANY

ON THE SAME DAY, 16 SORCERERS WERE PULLED FROM RETIREMENT AND SUSPENSION AND WERE SENT AFTER HIM.

AND WHEN YAGA MASAMICHI WAS QUESTIONED, HIS REFUSAL TO COMPLY WITH THE COUNCIL RESULTED IN THE PUNISHMENT THAT WAS RETRACTED FROM SHIBUYA.

AS OF 16 NOVEMBER 2020, YAGA MASAMICHI IS DEAD.

The moment Will gave a small smile, and walked away, shutting the door behind him, was the moment Gojo felt himself break off a little. His hands raised to his head, lacing into his hair as tears pricked the corners of his eyes. His back hit the wall, knees buckling as he slid to the floor. 

A quiet yet choked sob broke through his throat as he curled in on himself. The tears that had threatened to fall since he last saw his wife were falling now. The clear droplets raced down his pale cheeks, leaving streaks down his face. 

He heard a soft whine and lifted his head. Sora was on the bed, sitting on the edge as she looked down at her father. Her eyebrows were furrowed together and she was beginning to cry. Gojo moved towards her, wiping his cheeks.

“Shh, don’t cry baby,” He said, his voice shaking. “What’s wrong, huh? You gettin’ sleepy?”

She spat out the pacifier that Gojo had tried giving to her, pushing his hand away. Gojo felt his heart drop into his stomach, knowing what would happen next. Sora started to cry.

“Momma!” She yelled. Gojo’s eyes filled with sorrow. 

“Sora, baby, M-Momma’s not here, okay?” He said, lifting her up in his arms. 

He tried to quiet her so as to not wake his students who were sleeping in the rooms around him. Sora only cried more, wiggling around in his grip. He took the blanket from the bed, placing it around her. She shoved it to the ground. 

“Sora-bug, shh,” He pleaded. “It’s okay, baby! Shh..”

“M-Momma!” She cried, her face red as her tears streamed down her face. Gojo shifted her to his chest, rubbing her back. 

“It’s alright! M-Momma’s coming back, sweetie!” He said, distress lacing his voice. “Shh!”

He swayed, rocked, and bounced her, trying to quiet the fit she was throwing. His own tears were still streaming down his cheeks, and the stress was evident on his face. He held her as he tossed his head back, squeezing his eyes shut.