《T W E N T Y - N I N E》

《CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE》

《WARNINGS: NONE》

       "AH, WE'RE SO LATE!"

“I’m sure it’ll be fine,”

“We were supposed to be there four hours ago! Hurry!”

“Didn’t you hear me? I’m sure it’ll be FINE--DON’T YANK ON ME!”

“C’mon! We don’t have time to goof around!”

A red-haired woman grabbed onto the wrist of a blonde man. His eyes went wide as she yanked him forward, running along the street. He groaned loudly, tossing his head back.

“You promised to let me sleep in!”

“Things happen!” She yelled back. “We gotta get to the square and make sure they aren’t recognized by anyone!”

“I can’t believe you!”

“Get over it!”

She pulled him up to her side, lacing her hand into his. He grabbed the back of her hood to keep her from running across the street, letting the flurry of cars pass by. The woman bounced in her spot, looking both ways before running across the street again. 

Arriving in the center of the town, they were met with a crowded sight. People were already crowded in the square, dressed in bright, frilly clothing for the upcoming festival. She jumped up and down, trying to peer over the mass of people. 

“Ugh! How hard is it to find him?!” She yelled in frustration, jumping onto a bench. The man sighed, slipping a hand into the pocket of his coat. 

“He looks like a giant Q-tip,” He said, scratching his chin. “It shouldn’t be that hard to find him in this crowd--”

“I found him!” She exclaimed, grabbing the man’s shoulders as she jumped from the bench, already running forward.

“Wah--! Hold on a minute! Don’t just run off like that, idiot!” He yelled, running after her. She paused to grab his hand before pulling him through the mass of people. A flurry of apologies left his lips as they pushed through the crowd, weaving between men and women. 

“Satoru!” The woman chirped, her face lighting up at the sight of the white-haired male. “Shota!”

The two males turned at the sound of her chipper voice. She broke through the mass of people, slowing her pace as she approached. Her coat stopped swaying, red hair falling to frame her tan face. Brown eyes gleamed at their faces. The blonde man who’d she drug along sighed as she let go of him. He raised a scarred hand to rub the back of his neck, yawning tiredly. 

“M..Maylee?” The black-haired man said in surprise. “Will?”

“It’s so good to see you both again!” The woman said, jumping up to hook her arms around their shoulders, bringing them down to her height. “I’ve missed you so much! It’s been way too long since you’ve all come to see us!”