《S E V E N T E E N》

《CHAPTER SEVENTEEN》

《CHAPTER SEVENTEEN》

《WARNINGS: MENTIONS OF MOLESTATION, CHILD ABUSE, GASLIGHTING》

        ITADORI GROANED SOFTLY, slowly opening his eyes. His body swayed, the effects of his drowsiness still lingering. His vision began to focus, and he looked down at his feet. Suddenly, everything came rushing back to him, making him jolt upright.

“Are you awake now?”

He looked up quickly. Gen was sitting across from him, bound to a chair. Dried blood cracked under his nose, and it looked like his eye was starting to darken as well. Itadori jerked his shoulders, seeing that he was also in the same position. 

“Where are we?” He asked, looking around the room. The wall and floor were made of concrete, and there was a solid metal door on the far side of the room.

“I dunno,” Gen said. “But Neoma did something to us. I can’t use any of my cursed energy. Can you?”

Itadori shook his head. “No. And these ropes don’t have seals on them, either. Must be part of her technique or something.”

“Then how are we supposed to get out of here?” Gen frowned. “Wait until someone comes and saves us?”

“We can’t guarantee that’ll happen,” Itadori said. “For now, we need to--”

He cut himself off when the door opened. They both watched as Neoma walked in, placing her hands in her pockets after she closed the door. 

“Morning, boys,” She greeted, smiling. She took the empty chair from against the wall, turning it around before sitting down in front of them. “Have a nice nap?”

“What the hell do you want from us?” Gen frowned. 

“Jeez, don’t even want to have small talk?” She muttered. “Alright, then. I’ll cut straight to the chase.”

“Please do,” He grumbled. She glared at him briefly. 

“Let me ask you both something,” She said, raising her hand. “Do you know why I chose you two, and not the other two?”

“Because we’re vessels? You said that,” Itadori said. 

“No. Well, yes. But,” She said. “Both of you mean something special to my siblings. Gen-kun, you are Shota’s son. Itadori-kun, you are like a son to Y/n. Now, I know she has her own daughter, but I have no use for a mere infant. The two of you, however. Now that is a different story.”

“What do you want?” Gen repeated, emphasizing his words. Neoma grinned. 

“In the Old Testament of the bible, there was a multi-headed sea serpent, whomst God killed, and fed to the creatures of the wilderness. He was a serpent, a symbol of evil, and the symbol of Israel’s enemies, who will be slain by the wrath of God,” She stood up, walking around the room. “Psalm 74:14 states that. It continues on in Isaiah about how God will take his sword and slay the mighty serpent, blah. Blah. Blah.”