Chapter Twenty-Three

I'm back at it again! Anyways, since the juicy got flowin', I manage to give you more tea. Hope you have a great day and as always, enjoy the show!! - Zane

x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x

~Peter pov~

' What?'

' Let's spar! I don't think my uncle would allow me if I ask him, so how about you be my sparring partner?'

' Are you sure you want to spar with me?'

' Don't worry, I'm quite strong myself.'

' If you say so.. okay.'

His eyes sparkled with excitement. He told Sir Alfred where we are headed and grabbed my hand before he pulled me to the lift.

' Jarvis, can you take us to the training room?'

' Sure, Zane.'

' Thanks!'

Zane hummed to himself, face lit up with joy. I guess a spar is not that bad...

x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x

~Tony pov~

The mission doesn't take long but it is quite complicated. Once we are done, we discussed for a bit.

Nat: And that's all for now.

Me: If that's all, I'm gonna head out first.

The face plate shuts down and I get ready to fly.

Steve: Where are you going?

Me: Uh, the tower, duh!

Nat: He's smitten with the kid already.

Me: Don't talk like you're not smitten with that jellybean.

Nat: Compared to you, I didn't call him with any nickname.

Me: Whatever.

With that, I blast through the sky towards the tower. Within a few minutes, I reach the landing pad. I took off the suit.

' Jarvis, tell me where Zane is.'

' He's in the training room with Mr. Parker.'

I raised an eyebrow, confused as to why he'd be there.

' What is he doing?'

' Zane asked Mr. Parker to spar with him.'

' WHAT?!'

I could feel the protective side of me urges me to go and check on him. I walk so fast to the elevator that in a split second, I reach the door of the training room he's in.

THUD!!

My heart dropped. I immediately open the door but what I saw confused me. Zane is pinning Peter down in the ring.

Zane: Yes! I win again!

Peter: Oh, come on! One more time!

Zane: Nah~ I don't want to embarrass you in front of your idol.

Peter: What?

Zane got out of the ring and dash towards me before hugging me while Peter just look at us with a slightly red face.

Zane: Welcome back~!

Me: Hey, Zane. What did you do while I was gone?

I pick him up and kiss his cheek.

Zane: I sparred with Peter for 3 rounds.

Me: Really? Who won?

Zane: I won! All three of them!

Peter: B-but, only because I was going easy on you!

Zane: Yeah, on the first round cuz' you're scared of hurting me. I already told you that I'll be okay, many times. Then you got slammed to the ground.

I chuckled and Peter's face is as red as tomato.

Me: Really? Let's see if you can beat me then.

Zane: Okay!

I let go of Zane and he went straight to the ring. Peter got off the ring with a slumped face. I went next to him and put my hand on his shoulder.

Me: Thanks for coming, Peter. I owe you one.

Peter: No problem, Mr. Stark! I can come anytime!

His face lights up and I got into the ring.

Zane: I have to warn you, Uncle Tony. If you don't go all out, you might see the ceiling in a few seconds.

He grins like a mad man and got into his fighting stance. I chuckled before getting into my position.

Me: Come on, kid. I always give my best in everything.

After a few seconds of waiting for him to strike, I let out a punch as a decoy and try to tackle his feet using my left legs. He dodge both my move by doing a cartwheel and bow down as I let out another fist. He throw his feet in the air and lock it to my neck and within seconds, I fell to the ground, well, not really on the ground. I felt myself floating as Zane had his fist next to me.

He got off from me as I feel myself slowly touching the ground. He let out his left hand and help me got up even though he's a small bean. A round of applause break the short silence. The whole team had come in as we were exchanging moves. I was in a daze.

' Did this kid just beat me? And also cushioned my fall? Huh... That's quite the control he have..'

Zane moved out of the ring and hug Nat.

Zane: Hi Aunt Nat!

Nat: Hey, Zane. You did awesome back there.

Zane: Thanks!

He let go of her and went to Bucky. My attention shifted to Nat.

Nat: So, Tony. How does it feel to be slammed by a 13 years old?

Me: Proud. Cuz' he's my nephew.

She rolled her eyes at me as I smirked at her.

Me: Well, at least I only got slammed once. Spider-boy here got slammed thrice.

Peter: Mr. Stark! Oh, come on...

His face went red again as I chuckled with Nat. I pat his back to console him.

When I look back at Zane, he's already on Bucky's back. Nat turned to look at him too.

Nat: Where do you learn to fight?

I never knew I would hear something like that from a 13 years old kid...

°~Thanks for reading~°