Chapter Twenty

Hey, how y'all? Hope you're doing fine. Kinda late compared than my usual upload but I was kinda stumped on how to proceed. Anyway, enjoy your read!!! - Zane

Trigger warning, panic attack is involved in this chapter.

You have been warned.

x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x

~Y/n pov~

I noticed that Zane fell asleep half an hour later. Thinking back, he always do his best to keep the people around him safe and comfy. Even with all that happened, he could still smile with us and trust us.

I can't even imagine the fear he felt when I first saw him. How I wished I could torture the fucker to the point he wishes for death. But he was just fired instead. If I ever find him again, I would throw him into the meat grinder.

I got up and brought him into my room. I don't want to put him in dad's room cuz' he just might make use of Zane's spirit friend again. I tucked him in and went to the bathroom to take a quick shower.

Just as I put on the pajamas, a small green creature fly through the bathroom door. I was stunned as it floats around me in a panicked manner. It got out of the bathroom and I just stand there, wondering if I was having a hallucinations. It suddenly came back, more panicked than ever, motioning at me as if asking me to go out and do something.

Out of the blue, I heard a loud gagging noises and whimpers. The creature flew out immediately and I followed in the nick of time. I saw the creature hanging around the bed in my room.

' Zane.'

I quickly make my way to the side of the bed. Zane was half-kicking the blanket with his hands on his neck, as if trying to escape from someone's grip. Tears are streaming down his face as he whimpers and gasping for air. I snap out of my thoughts and try to wake him up.

' Zane! Wake up! Can you hear me? It's a dream! Wake up!' I said in a panicked voice as I shake him.

He slowly gain his consciousness but was soon striked with a panic attack. He's hyperventilating and his body was shaking as if there was an earthquake nearby. The neverending tears soaked his face.

I grabbed his hands and tried to shift his focus to me as I squeeze his hands.

' Zane, breathe in.. and out.. in.. out..' I keep on massaging his hands until he finally calms down.

Once he was able to finally gain control over his body, he wailed in a broken voice.

' I-I'm s-scared.. T-They were ch-chasing m-me..'

I hugged him as I pat his back, trying to soothe him and telling him that it'll be fine. I heard thunderous footsteps that stops outside the door of my room. Nat opened the door and saw Zane, sobbing in my arms. I could see the two other people, Bucky and Clint, behind Nat.

Nat: Is everything okay?

Me: Nightmares.

Nat: I see.

With that, she dismissed the guys and came into the room. I looked up at Nat who was standing next to us.

' He's just a kid...' I mouthed to her.

' I know...' she replied.

When the sniffles got quieter, Nat finally broke the silence.

' Hey, Zane. Are you feeling better?' she said as she sit next to us. He turn his head so he faced Nat and nodded.

' You know, I got nightmares too. But, I always hear a story after that and it helped me to sleep again. Do you want to hear it?'

He broke the hug and contemplation was displayed on his face. Then, he nodded slightly.

' Okay, let me tuck you in first so you are comfortable.' she said as she picked him up and lay him on the bed. I got up.

' I'll go get you some water. Be right back.'

I went ahead and go to the kitchen and pour me some water and chug it down. Bucky came in with Clint. From the looks of it, I can already tell that they want answers as to what happened in the room.

Me: I don't know the details. But he mentioned about some people chasing him after the panic attack he had dispersed.

Clint: Panic attack? That bad?!

Bucky: Why would some organization chase him around?

Me: Now that you mentioned it, he told me that some people are after his family. I don't know why though.

Clint: Don't you think we should investigate this further?

Bucky: We should, but we should do it in the morning. It's quite late and we need some rest in case a mission came up tomorrow.

Me: I agree. Let's get some rest first. We'll discuss it with the others later.

We said goodnight to each other and they walk to their rooms. I prepared a glass of water for Zane and head back to my room. I heard a slight laughter through the door and felt a little relieved. I got in and gave the glass to Zane.

Nat: So that's why I never have a boyfriend.

Me: What kind of story did you tell him?

Nat: Oh it's a secret. Right, Zane?

He just chuckled. After he finished drinking it, I took the glass and put it on one of the tables.

Zane: Can you stay?

Me: Of course. We're here right next to you if you need us.

Nat: Yup. I'll even hold your hand.

He smiled.

Zane: Thank you... Good night Sister
Y/n, Aunt Nat.

Me & Nat: Good night, Zane.

°~Thanks for reading~°