Chapter 14: Small beginnings

"Wait! What do you mean?" Said James obviously confused.

"Well President Cromwell isn't actually a president..." they all had a 'what' look on their faces.

"You must be losing your mind, John Cromwell is the president of the United States of America it has been that way since..."

"No he isn't, I know this because he use to be dad's lab partner!"

"What!" Asked Caleb

"Caleb you were too young to know but...remember when dad use to take me to his lab..." he nodded

"Well I used to see Mr. Cromwell there, he was dad's assistant. He was a sad man, the type that kept to himself, barely talking, you know the quiet type"

"But that can't be right?" Said James

"Mr. Cromwell is a man of prestige. Went to Yale, got his degree in politics, joined the military, served our country! Its all in the books!" I shook my head. What was going on?!

"The John Cromwell I know didn't go to Yale nor did he join the military! He was a sleezy scientist that worked for my dad! I'm telling the truth!" I shouted, then I calmed down, I know this would be hard to take in. "But if what you say is true, the how come he's the president of the united States!!?" Asked Caleb

"I don't know" I said, "but I'm gonna find out"

-----------------------------
Later that evening James and I were sitting on the in the kitchen. He was making his (not gonna say it!!) food and I was in deep concentration.

"What are you thinking? I sighed.

" about all of this....it all doesn't make sense.....shit!!! Its doesn't even feel real!!" He came over to me and put his hand around my shoulder. I feel his closeness. God he smelt good! 'Thalia concentrate!' I told my self conscious.
I got up and walked over to the window. I herd him sigh

"I known this is alot for you to take in, bit I know you can get through this....I'm here for you" he said and at that moment I started to cry. I couldn't hold it in any longer. James came over and drew me close

"That's right let it out" he soothed me. And I did. I let it all out. When I finally finished I looked into his eyes. Damn those eyes. I couldn't believe someone so...strange could be so nice and sweet. He came close and I quickly looked down, not wanting to meet the intensity of his gaze.

"I don't know why" he said "but I don't wanna be away from you. I've never met anyone like you before....and although my mind says I shouldn't...but my heart-" right then I kissed him. I kissed the hell out of James Valentine.
I felt his arm come around me. Surrounding me in his warmness, and for the first time in weeks I felt safe. When we finally broke the kissed. He looked into my eyes. His gaze was hot like it wanted to melt me

"Wow" I giggled. But then I sneezed!

"Whoa! Gotta get you to bed" he said
Damn this boy will kill me with sweetness!

"Ok"
He took me up to my room.
As he was closing the door behind him

"James?"

"Yeah?"

"Thank you" I smiled

"Don't thank me yet!" He smirked
And he closed the door. I never remember sleeping so well.
-------------------------------------------
Hey!!!!!! So I haven't uploaded in like MONTHS!!! And I'm sorry but from now on I'm gonna try to update as soon as possible! I know this chapter is short but big things to come.
Thanks to all those who have been supporting me I'll try my best not to disappoint u!!
P.S. the next chapter is gonna be helleva exciting so look out for it!
See you soon!