Chapter 11: Reunited

"Thalia?"

"Yes Caleb, its me"

"But....but how can th-this be.....you're alive" his voice was trembling as the words came out of his mouth. I came up to him and cupped his face in my hands.

"I assure you Caleb, I am no ghost" I said smiling. Tears were now falling down my face. It felt so good to see him. The soft music and the chatter in the background prompted Caleb to lead us off to a room around the back where we could speak alone.

"I don't understand" he started "your alive......you haven't aged a day!"

"I honestly don't have the answers Caleb" I told him.

He was looking around, unable to process my existence.

"Dad said you died in the fire" Caleb said.

"I didn't, I was suppose to" I said and I started to pace. "All I can remember is dad telling me to get out of the building....the smoke....it was too thick" I said as my mind flashed back to the day. Dad took me to the lab where he worked. He was a Bio-tech-engineer. I remember like it was yesterday. Caleb wanted to come, but dad said he was too young. He was only six years old.

"But he couldn't find you! He looked everywhere" Caleb said.

"All I remember was the smoke, the coughing, then blocking out and really cold floor" I replied

"That when you must have wondered into the freezer without knowing" I heard James say.

"But you haven't age....you escaped Ephilum" Caleb said.

"It seems"

"This is incredible Thal" he said coming over to me and turning my face with his hands, inspecting me.

"It seems your cells were practically frozen in time, its a miracle to you survived" he said.

"And.....dad?" I asked.  Caleb turned away.

"Things weren't the same after that day" he said. "He blamed himself for loosing you. After Ephilum escaped...mom got sick. Dad tried everything. He would spend all day in his study trying to find a cure. For five months he stayed up, drank, while mom got worse and worse..." he sighed heavily. "I remember the cursing.....crying.."

"Shhhhh" I came over to Caleb and hugged him.

"It must have been so hard. You were only six years old" I whispered.

"Man this is awful" I heard Kevin say to James.

"What...what is going on with you? Does anyone know your here?"

"She's staying with me" James said

"Are you safe?" Caleb asked me

"I'm fine, James has been taking care of me so far" I told him

"Thank you" Caleb said to James. James nodded.

"Mr. Caleb Smith will be presenting this award. Mr. Caleb Smith please come to the stage please" we heard someone on the microphone say

"Mr. Smith please report to the stage immediately"

"Ok listen. I have to go, but we have to keep in touch. Here" he said handing me a card.

"This is my personal phone number call me. And all of you take these" he said handing us some larger cards. "If you want to see me just show security this. They will let you in. If anyone stops you on the way, just show them these.  They'll let you through"

"Sweet" said Kevin. He hugged me one last time before he and gave me a peck on the cheek.

"I'm so glad you're here" he said and with that I felt like a big sister again. Then he left.

"You ok" James said coming over to me"

"Yeah"

"Hey guys someone's coming!" Said Kevin suddenly. I immediately grabbed in my wig.

"What are you u guys doing round here?" Said the security guard

"Ah...we were just leaving" answered James and we hurried back to the lobby.

"That was close" said Kevin"

"Too close"

"And now a speech from our beloved president" the man at the microphone said.

The entire room went up into ab applause. Then that cheesy president music you always here them play whenever the president was around came on.

'The still use that!' I thought.

The man came upon on stage and I could not believe my eyes!

"Mr. Cromwell!" I said in shock

"That's president Cromwell to you young man" said a gentleman beside me.

"You know this man?" James asked me

"Yes! He used to be my father's lab partner!" I whispered

What the hell was going on!!!

-------------------------------
Dont.Forget.To.Vote. And.Comment. ; D