Chapter 7: Conspiracy?

James

We pulled up in my yard to find a twenty thirty parked in the drive way.

"I see the old man's home" said Kevin

"Yeah"

"Whatcha gonna tell him?"

"Nothing he needs to know"

I got out and told Kevin I'd call him.

I tried to move silently so I could get to my room without alerting him.

"Where have you been?" I herd the crisp cold voice of my father say.

"Was out with Kevin" I replied coming back down the stairs.

"You know I don't like you hanging around that boy" I didn't answer. My father never liked Kevin. I didn't understand why nor did I try to.

"I'm gonna go up to my room" I said starting off again.

"I'm not finish talking to you". I turned around reluctantly.

"What?" I asked, my arms rising and dropping in a 'I don't really care what you have to say' motion.

"Are you disrespecting me in my own house boy!" He shouted.

My father has always been a very angry man. When he was 19 he ran off with his love and got married. Soon after Ephilum escaped, she died leaving him alone and bitter, and after all these years the bitterness just got worst.

I shook my head in response to his question. He started pacing. In his sleek suit and tie that he always wore, my father was always referred to as an intimidating man. He paused.

"There is an open expedition at The URSULA this Saturday, I want you to be there" he said 'as a matter of fact'. I sighed

"Fine" I answered. "Gonna be spending my days up at the bungalow from now on" I added.

"Oh......any parties I should be worry about?"

"No just me and-"

"And?"

"Just me and a couple of friends" I swallowed.

"Ok"

"Ok" I confirmed and went to my room.

I went up to n the house the next day to bring Thalia some clothes and some more food since id be spending more time there. She smiled when she saw me. From the bags under her eyes I could tell he didn't get much sleep plus the skin peel I gathered was from the ice she's been in. She was sneezing too.

I was making her some tea when she said to me

"James I've been thinking"

"About what?" I asked.

"You said the virus was released 'accidentally from the building you found me in right?"

"Yes that's correct, why you asked"

"Well normally when an airborne virus is released it may affect an entire town or maybe to an extent a city before authorities would have quarantined the problem right?"

"Right" I was getting very interested now

"But Ephilum affected the entire world. Isn't that a little bit too much from a virus that was released from a little building?"

"Come to think of it you right" I said. It was really strange that the virus would affect the entire world...unless... I heard Thalia cough. Her eyes were getting really red.

"I think you should  lie down I said and I led her to the bedroom and put a warm bottle at her feet and head. She soon drifted off to sleep.

I went over to the window and looked outside. It was quiet, calming, with trees swinging from side to side to the gently wind and I couldn't help wonder if there was any secret being hidden from us all along.

-------------------------------
Thank you guys so much for reading. Dont forget to vote and leave a comment below ;) <3