Chapter 5: "More Questions"

I stared blankly at James when he finished his statement.

"Different time? Is this some kind of joke?" I asked

"I assure you this is no joke.......uh.. what's your name?"

"Thalia"

"Thalia, what was the last thing you remember? "he asked. I sat down on the bed and breathed.

"The only thing I can remember was the smoke then blacking out" I told James. "But this cant be real come on its 2014 right?"

"No Thalia.....its 2043" he answered and started I started to laugh. "Nice try" I said, Getting up I made my way to the bedroom window.

"Looks like you need to see a doctor" I sad between breath. "I need to find my parents" I added and made a move to leave the room

"I cant let you do that" James said when i crashed into his hard chest.

"What the hell are you doing let me go!" I screamed hitting him but it was no use. He picked me up like I was paper and landed me back on the bed.

"I don't think you understand the seriousness of what's going on here" he said. "You're suppose to be dead!"

"Gone!" I heard Kevin added from the corner.

"There's also something else you should know" James added

"What?"

"In this time..... females don't exist"

This time hysteria didn't begin to define my laughing.

"Bullshit!! The how come you're here" I said pointing to the two of them.

"We are genetically modified beings created to think act and feel like humans do...basically we're the replacements" James answered.

"Wait I don't understand" I said getting up and started pacing. "If you are genetically modified males, why aren't there any genetically molded females?" I asked (busted!)

"Because the machine that produces us, URSULA has yet to produce a female since Ephilum escaped" he said

"What's Ephilum?"

" its a virus that was released the year you....well....u know. History says it was an accident. Coincidentally the virus was released from the same building I found you in"

This was too much to take in. I finally slumped on the bed, breathing very hard. "This cant be happening" I said "I mean it cant be that simple right?" I asked James my eyes tearing up. I thought about all my friends, mom all dead. the tears stared choking me. This isn't fair! I started crying openly and James put his arms around. I could tell he was tense. Maybe because he's never seen a female cry before, or ever seen a female period.

"Don't worry" he whispered. But I cried and cried finally I fell asleep.

I woke up to see James handing me some clothes.

"The bathroom is over there, when your finish put this on and meet me down stairs Im gonna show you something"

---------------------------

Please guys don't forget to vote and leave a comment below k thanks ;)