Chapter 16: Looking for answers

I woke up the next morning feeling rejuvenated. I heard Kevin down stairs. After freshening up I went went down to greet them.

"Hey" Kevin said to me

"Hey" I smiled

"Slept well? " James asked. I smirk on his face. I felt my cheeks get warm from blushing

"Yes thank you"

"Hey guess who's getting married next Saturday?!" Kevin said to James. James shook his head. "Harry dude!" Kevin exploded.

"That son of a bitch" James said shaking his head in disbelief laughing. "Who's the unfortunate someone?" He asked after.

"Some guy named Collin I hear" Kevin said "his dad made him do it, says he needs to settle down!!" They started laughing again

"True that guy is like a big black cloud on a sunny day" James said. All this while I was in deep thought. They must have realized.

"Thalia are you ok?" James asked me

"Yeah....well....I want to ask you guys something..."

"Shoot" Kevin said

"Would you guys take me back to the lab....where you found me that night?" I asked holding my breath

" are you mad!" Kevin said "No one crosses the border you'll get shot on sight!" James agreed

"Wait, just hear me out first.....I think I can find some answers there" I said " its the only place I can think of going"

"Yeah but Thalia the place is burnt out. There's nothing there" James said

"You don't know that"

"Look I went looking for answers and found you instead which just left me with more questions!" He added. I was a little hurt but was determined.

" look, you've done it before you can do it again. If any thing just take me to the border , just give me the security codes and I'll go myself!"

"There's no way I'm letting cross the border by yourself!" James shouted.

"Guys guys! You're arguing like a married couple" Kevin interjected. We both gave him a stare that would have cut him into a million pieces it they were knives.

"Look" I pleaded "don't you wanna know? Don't you wanna know why the people you've trusted all your lives have been lying to you? Why all this is happening? Tell me you aren't the least bit curious?" James hung his head in consideration.

"Ok" he said after a while "we'll go, but we do this my way" he said. I nodded in agreement. Kevin threw his hand in defeat.

"Dude meet us tonight at the east gate 10:30 pm" he said to Kevin "bring your gear and don't be late!"

-------------------------------------------------

Kevin met us at the east gate at exactly 10:30. The search light were scouring the area. We had to be careful not to get spotted. James took out some hedge clippers and started cutting the fence. When it was bog enough for us to go thought, he sent me in first, then Kevin, then he followed. We had to duck as the searchlight passed over where we were hiding.

"Ok, the lab is just a couple miles from here" James said "be careful not to get spotted or they will shoot you!" We creeped along the dusty trail, treading softly. Just then we herd something rustle in the bushes.

"What's that?" Is whispered to Kevin. He shocked his head. We froze. Suddenly a bunny peered from the bushes. We all heaved a sigh of relief. Just the the search light passed over us again. We ducked behind the bushes, but the bunny wasn't so lucky. The shot echoed in the air. The sound sent my eardrums into shock and sent the bunny flying in different directions.

"Damn!" I said

"Come on" James had to drag me. I was a little stunned. It wasn't every day you see someone or rather something get shot!

When we finally reached the lab, James punched in the security codes to open the doors. Its strange that after almost 30 years they still work. When we were finally inside

"What do you wanna do?" James asked me

"Follow me" I said. I directed them to where my fathers lab use to be. I still remembered the code for that door. I paused to smile at a memory. He practically freaked out the day he found out I knew that code and even though he was really angry, he didn't change it.

When we were inside. I walked over to where Cromwell use to work.

"This was Cromwell's station" I said to the boys. " I want you guys to search around here for any clue that might have been left behind".

"What make you think there might be any thing left?" James asked taking up a burnt Bunsen burner

"Just looked" I said. We started going through the drawers the cupboards. After what seemed like an hour if finally heard James say

"There isn't anything here, we've looked everywhere!"

"There has to be something!" I stated "anything" its seemed hopeless. Tired and dusty I Leaned against the wall beside the cupboard. I herd and sudden click and I almost fell in when James grabbed me.

"Well what do we have here!" Kevin said excitedly

"Seems like a secret compartment" James answered
I reached insides. There were piles and piles of documents and papers.

"What are these?" I asked handing some to the files

" well they look like receipts, this look like labs results" said James.

"These receipts are bank transaction from different countries" said Kevin " some as far as Japan!"

Then something caught my eye. One document had the word Ephilum on it.
"Hey guys look at this" I said James came over and looked at it.

"What is it" I asked

"Its a hypothesis for a virus.......its a hypothesis for Ephilum!!" He corrected his eyes widening

"Oh my god!" Was all I could manage.
--------------------------------------

So what do u guys think don't forget to vote and comment
Next chapter coming soon!!!!!!! Love yah!!