Chapter 21 - Her Reason

"Congratulations!"

"Yea! We should celebrate!"

Yuri and Hyoyeon cheered Jessica on getting her first perfect score on her midterm.

"Ya Yuri! This is all thanks to you! You helped me so much this semester." Jessica hooked her arms around Yuri's.

"Me? What did I do?" The tall girl pointed her finger at herself.

Jess gave her a beautiful smile that she knows Yuri likes to see. "I know you have been secretly helping me, although we are now in different classes."

"I have?" says Yuri, mystified.

"Mhm. You have always been by my side. I am so happy, and now finally I am on top!"

Yuri blushed and muttered out, "I guess I have."

"Taeyoon is now at the bottom too. It's like too good to be true."

"So, are we still going to mess with them?" asked Hyoyeon.

"Nah, just looking at her makes me upset. Hey, I know my dad has some alcohol hidden in the storage somewhere. We should celebrate!"

The friends cheered at that idea and went on their way home.

------

Sun seemed a lot brighter after all is forgiven. As promised, Taeyeon followed Tiffany's advice and apologized to Sunny. She told Sunny more about herself, how she is not used to having friends and how she doesn't know how to make an effort. Ever since she could remember, she only had one other person she would usually talk to, and that was Yoona. And it took a while for her to get used to Tiffany.

"But I met you first!" Sunny retorted.

Taeyeon looked at her as if caught off guard. She met Sunny first, so all she could respond to Sunny was a half-open mouth, completely speechless.

Sunny chuckled. "I am just teasing."

"You are evil."

"Nope. I know you are just whipped for Tiffany."

"Whipped?" asked Taeyeon.

"Yup. You are crazily in love with her. That's why you follow her around like a lost puppy."

"No, I don't!"

"Yes, you do!"

"No such thing!"

"Yes, such thing!"

"Never!"

This time Tiffany joined in, "Yah! What's wrong with following me around!? I thought you liked me!"

Tiffany's last statement made Taeyeon smile inwardly because she did like her. She liked when the girl graced her with her famous eye smile or simply by sitting by her side. She, especially, likes when they have sleepovers, and she can hug the beautiful girl to sleep. Although it's a rare chance that the girl lets her due to the warming weather. Maybe her lustful (or perverted) mind likes it a bit too much, which makes her question things. Does she like Tiffany just because she is pretty and offers her warmth, or does she genuinely love her? Why is she even asking that?

What the f*ck. Taeyeon thought, now her mind is tangled up with unanswerable questions again. Can there be love without lust? How do you love someone if you can't get turned on by them?

Then she felt her head throbbing again, just like the two previous times. She hates how everything else feels straightforward to her, except her feelings towards other human beings. No, make those feelings about herself too. It just makes her anxious.