Chapter 19 - Deja Vu

Taeyeon had fun. Chanyeol managed to help her forget most of her boredom and troubles, which was how she liked it. Just carefree joy, no responsibilities, no burdens, just pure happiness with someone fun.

And because Jessica isn't in the same class as her, Jessica hasn't bothered her...yet.

At the end of class that day, the teacher approached her to check the notes he had previously instructed her to take. Taeyeon took some notes, alright. She wrote a dialogue between the teacher and his students.

"How do you study from this?" The teacher asked her, flipping through the thoroughly written dialogue he had with the class. It was like a movie script.

A cheeky smile split across her face. "Aren't you at least this much impressed by my handwriting?"

"Are you the same girl that Mr. Lim told me about getting perfect on all your assignments and tests? I am having trouble believing that."

The same reaction as every other teacher did when they saw her in person.

After a few more minutes of discussion of whether to talk to the principal or not, the teacher sighed, giving in. "We will see how you perform during the midterm."

"Good afternoon, teacher." A girl greeted the teacher as he walked out of the classroom.

"Make sure to turn off the lights before you leave."

"Yes, teacher."

Taeyeon looked up to see who it was, and as expected, Tiffany probably realized she hasn't seen her today.

"Hi." She greeted her visitor.

"Hi? Where were you at lunch today?" Tiffany said in a somewhat disappointed tone.

"You said not to hang with you until I solve my problem with Sunny."

The usually smile-loving girl starts to look a bit upset. "Can you not be like this?"

"Like what?"

"Why do you have to make this difficult?"

She looked at Tiffany like she just said something hard to believe. "I didn't do anything, and you decided to stop hanging with me. And you say I am difficult?"

"I didn't say I was going to stop hanging with you, and I just want you to hang with Sunny and me so you guys can resolve your differences."

"What's the point?"

"So, we can hang! How are you going to make friends like this in the future? You can't always do things by yourself."

"I can! That's why I just want to hang with you! Having one person I can trust is enough; the rest is a waste of time."

"You CAN just hang with me, but that's NOT the point! I don't understand how you can live like this. YES, you are smart, but what about your social life? Are you just going to work and have no one around you?"

"Why do you care if I make friends anyway!? Does it bother you that you are not friends with someone who is not as outgoing as you? Frankly, it's NONE of your business, as I said before. I have always been alone; I am used to it!" She spat, this time genuinely feeling agitated and frustrated by someone.

Taeyeon understood Tiffany's point, but she doesn't want too many friends. It's supposed to feel happier to have more friends, but it just seemed to be more distractions to her. Just one is enough, just Tiffany, whom she found to have all the qualities she needs. Maybe sometimes she is a bit too caring. Plus, having more than one friend is just higher probability of conflict and drama, just like her current situation with Sunny. Why can't Sunny be happy and not complain? Why can't her social life be easy as learning something off the internet or getting good grades in school?