Chapter 23 - Taeyeon's Side

Taeyeon had never been happier. She made tremendous progress on her personal projects and hobby, which she would not tell anyone but Tiffany. Getting praised and seeing Tiffany's reactions became one of her favourite things to look forward to. Tiffany is now almost always with her, and it made her feel that unknown type of happiness again, and somehow, it made her serene and calm at heart. She could say that her heart was finally able to keep up with her mind.

An evident sign of her being happy is her reckless tendencies, and that's something her sister Yoona knows too well.

"Oh, there she goes again," Yoona looked up with her hands shading her eyes from the glare of the sun.

Tiffany looked more nervous and uneasy than the shorty, who is three-quarters of the way up the side of a small commercial building that is now closed. Yoona wrapped her hand around the worried friend's arm, giving it a gentle squeeze to reassure her.

"Oh my god, she is going to fall off and break her legs, or even lose her life! Does she always do this?" Tiffany said without taking an eye off Taeyeon.

Taeyeon was climbing on top of buildings again.

After finally reaching the top of the roof, Taeyeon looked down at the two idiots standing at the bottom of the building. "Are you sure you guys don't want to come up here!? It's pretty, pretty!" Her eyes gleamed with excitement.

"Are you CRAZY!??" Tiffany shouted back, "I am not climbing up there. Why don't you come down!?"

Taeyeon stuck out her tongue and disappeared from the ledge.

"Yoona!" The loud girl turned to the reckless girl's sister, her voice filled with panic and worry. "Can you please ask her to come down? What's a girl even doing climbing up on rooftops!??"

Yoona had a sympathetic look, but at the same time, helpless. "Believe me, I have tried." Tiffany's concern did bring back memories of when she just met her sister. She remembers when Taeyeon did this when she was just 8 years old and how Yoona, herself, was the one who got in trouble for it. Not only that, Taeyeon even had the audacity to scold her afterwards.

"You know, she used to do this a lot when she was just 8." Yoona reminisced her first time hanging out with her adopted sister.

"...8 years old?" Tiffany was even more speechless than before.

"Yeah, I know. I swear I didn't even realize the shorty was gone. When I turned around at that time, she was already on the window sill of the second floor."

"WHAT!?" Tiffany exclaimed. She could not believe her eyes now, let alone an 8-year-old Taeyeon doing the same action. "And people just watch a kid doing that?"

"Oh, of course, they didn't." Yoona grimaced at the memory of the adults blaming her for her sister's actions, "I got lectured by like 15 adults who saw the event happen...."

Tiffany raised an eyebrow and could not hide her amusement. "Really? Why did they yell at you? Isn't Taeyoon supposed to be the one to get scolded?"

"Those crazy ahjummas thought I looked older, so the first thing they did was grab me. That stupid shorty had a stupid grin on her face the entire time. I guess being short does have its advantages." Yoona scoffed.

"Did Tae ever explain herself?"

Yoona tried to recall and attempted to imitate her sister's exasperated expression at the time, "'It was just an exercise, what's the big fuss?'"

"Oh, lord. An exercise? You must deal with a lot of that when you guys were younger, huh?"

"AAHHHHH!!!"