13. Journey

We all knew a great journey was coming, we could feel it. After that vision we all shared we knew we'd have to find the house, and later Menodora. It was upsetting though, that we'd have to leave our families behind, but it was for the greater good. I felt as though Rose was hiding something, I didn't know what, but I just sensed it.

"Rose?" I asked one day when we were alone.

"Hmm?"

"Did you, um, see something when we had that vision together. Anything?"

"Actually," Rose said looking down. "I did, I saw a sign that said Creverlest Woods. I didn't know what it meant, but I looked it up, and I saw it was a real place."

"It's a real place?!" I exclaimed.

"Yes, Clary, it's a real place."

I looked at her in utter astonishment. We had to tell the others, we had to get there as soon as possible. I motioned to her to come with me and we got ahold of the others. They were excited, but frightened just as me and Rose had been. We all got together one cold fall evening, will all of our necessities, and we walked a dirt road through the forest to the house. It was dark outside and we stayed close, not just so we wouldn't get lost, but for warmth too. Anyone who didn't know we were people in black clothes would've though we were a pack of wolves from far away.

"Guys, I pulled up the directions on my phone we'll be there in 25 minuets tops," I stated.

"God how long is this path?!" Jace groaned. I laughed it was funny how Jace, one of the most athletic people of all of us could get tired so easily. Max laughed with me, I forgot about the mind reading thing again.

Suddenly my phone froze when we were about halfway to the house. The dot on the map that represented us, was spinning out of control, and suddenly my phone died. The others went to get on their phones but they were dead too. Off in the distance we heard an evil cackle. It was her, the one who had tampered with the book, the one who had caused this mess. Mefanleen.

Her curly brown hair was in a poofy pony tail, and her pink dress was torn up and tattered. Her facial features never changed, she was still the same when we first encountered her, mad and unmerciful. She was floating above us smiling wildly.

"Ha! So we meet again!" She laughed. "You know you'll never win this time!"

"Ah, but we already have!" Natalie said with a sly smile. "We've already got Daran, and we've already had our first vision, and we know where the house is. The book is just inches away from us!"

The smile on Mefanleen's face disappeared for a split second, but then she spoke again. "Ah, but you see, no one can change their fate. The more you avoid death, and destruction, the worse it gets."

"That is not true," Max said.

"It is, you all are just to stupid to understand it, to accept you fate," she laughed. "Have fun finding the house now without your precious GPS." She flew away before anyone else could speak, this was not good. How could we find the house now, we haven't been there in over a thousand years, or at least remembered. We all stood there dumbfounded, we didn't know what to do now, we were lost. But then Rose spoke up.

"Guys, I think I can sense where it is."

"You can?" Natalie asked. "That's great! Lead the way Rose!" Everyone stepped aside to let Rose go to the front. I could feel the pride flowing off of her, she finally felt like she was special. She was to begin with, but she never really felt it until now.

We all walked behind her, she lead us over small bridges above creeks, and windy bends on the trail. Finally there was a huge gap with a river crawling through it at the end of the trail.

"How are we gonna get across?" I asked. There was no way any of us could leap that chasm.

"I think I know how," Daran said. He hadn't spoke much the entire journey so everyone turned to stare at him wide eyed. "I think I remember, just watch." He started getting frighteningly close to the edge, way too close.

"Daran, what do you think you're doing? You can't jump that!" I hollered over the raging river below.

"But I'm not jumping it," he turned smiling. He took a step off the cliff, everyone hollered at him to come back, afraid we would loose him again. But the strangest thing happened, he walked right across, as though there was an invisible bridge. It was amazing, he walked so gracefully across as if he had done it a million times before. "C'mon guys, it's easy, just envision a bridge beneath you."

We all started walking across, envisioning a bridge beneath our feet; and to our surprise, we landed on the other side. Looking around in awe of the beautiful clearing we stood in an excited voice broke our thoughts.

"Guys I found it!" Everyone ran to Natalie who was smiling ear to ear. Behind her stood the huge, mansion like house we had all envisioned. It was amazing. We walking inside and saw a large hanging chandelier in the dinning room. There was a kitchen in the room beside it, and the living room on the other side looked ever so beautiful. Walking straight from the dinning room led to a sun room, probably for yoga, and meditation. We walked back to the front door we entered, and walked up the stairs beside them. On the upstairs were all of our rooms, there were bathrooms in each of them, and at the end of the hall stood the closed we saw before. Max reached out slowly to open it and inside, just like the vision showed, was all of our cloaks. We looked at each other like excited children on Christmas, we made it. We found the house, just as it was before it burnt down, we avoided our terrible fate.
But Demaleficent's words echoed in my head, "no one can change their fate. The more you avoid death, and destruction, the worse it gets." I pushed it away, we did it, we should enjoy it. But it seemed everyone was picking up on my worry, now that we found the house, we'd have to find the book. And after the book.... The fire... But Natalie was here, she would save us right? But what if she doesn't? What if all of the joy and happiness of this fairy tale land is really just a mask to hide the danger, the fear, the pain, and nightmare of this witchcraft world?