Part 20

This could not be happening, they had over thrown me!

“Serena!” I hollered. “Come now!” Serena walked out from the back of the cave and we flew over to the house. We saw them through the window, relaxing, laughing. It wasn’t fair!

Smashing the window I flew in, my face filled with rage. I could feel the anger seep into every pore of my body making me furious. “How dare you!” I screeched. “This is not how the story goes! You’re supposed to die! I’m supposed to win!” I screamed throwing a tantrum.

“Calm yourself, jeez,” Jace laughed, “Just because you didn’t get your way doesn’t mean-“

“Shut up! Shut up all of you! You’re going to pay! Serena!” I called her in. Serena flew above them, looking way cooler than I did. Her hair was a flame, and her eyes looked as though they could burn through your soul. A fire sparked in her hands and she threw it at The Six laughing evilly.

“Serena stop!” Rose called. Serena turned to look at Rose, she followed her for a split second and went back to obeying me.

“Destroy them Serena!” I shouted cackling wildly. No one could escape their fate, and I made sure of that.

“Serena,” Clary said shape shifting into Serena’s mother. “Please, come to your senses.”

“Yes Serena,” the others coed. No, no! This couldn’t be happening, I could not lose!

“Serena, no, come to me!” I called. But she wouldn’t listen to me, they were over powering her. Serena landed beside them and Natalie tended to her. Then the others blasted me out of the sky with the elements. I fell to the ground, still conscious, but unmoving.

*Rose’s Point Of View*

“Guys, wait,” I heard Clary say as Jace approached Mefanleen with a knife. “Don’t kill her, that’s just wrong.”

“Why?” Jace asked sounding surprised. “She tried to kill us, Clary, don’t you want revenge?”

“No,” Clary said flatly. “As the Wiccan Law states: ‘Follow the Wiccan Law you should, three times bad, and three times good.’ ”

“Then what do you suggest we do with her?” Max said crossing his arms. Oh god, I couldn’t believe he was getting into this argument.

“Shut up Rose,” I heard his voice say in my mind.

“Hey,” I shouted at him mentally. “Get out of my head!”

“I know what to do,” Clary said with a sly smile. “The worst possible thing you could do to a witch. Trap their soul in the pre-void and burn their corpse.”

“God,” I said to Clary. “You’re vicious.”

“Yup, you bet,” she smiled. “But this is the only way we can get rid of her for good.”

We all did just as Clary said, Daran had the privilege of sending her spirit to the pre-void, and Jace and Max got to burn her corpse. Natalie managed to bring Serena back, but only for a few moments because the spell had been broken, meaning she was no longer immortal. We were all there for her final words.

“There is a set of books you see, collect them to make the power of three, each with their triquetra symbol, they will make you humble and nimble. Find the books and the curse will be broken for eternity, forever setting you free.” She let out a sigh and she shut her eyes forever. We buried her beneath the violets out front of the house, and finally got to rest. No one quite understood what she had meant before she died, but her words echoed in our minds. We all know that this is only the beginning, and we have a long harsh journey ahead of us.